Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Aking2713

Questions about the bots development and developer team

Hey there, to not bore you ill keep this as short as possible but need to explain some things so you know where i am coming from. I am a novice programmer(currently working in python) and looking to learn about bot creation. Mainly because it interests me and pushes me to learn more. I set out to create my own bot but learned quickly that there is not much information about it out there or it's very scattered and not concise. So I have a few questions.

Just know I'm not trying to compete with you (I would actually like to work together) I am just trying to become a better peogrammer. So I thought why not ask someone who is actively doing it. Anyways here are some questions I have.

1. What type of bot is this? Is it a clicker bot using image recognition and maybe some machine learning? Do you debug it and reverse engineer It? I saw u said it's a fully passive bot. That means no injections but what does that actually mean.

2. I am struggling with path finding when it comes to running maps and killing monsters. What do you use to accomplish this? Most of what I have seen In other games is using navmeshes but with maps being randomly generated wouldn't that be a bit tough as you can't pre mesh It? Do you somehow make a nav mesh on the fly? What algorithm do you use for path finding? A*?

3. Why do you use what you use over other bot techniques? I am just trying to find the best method for botting and focus on that. I am currently using opencv and image manipulation/recognition in order to run my bot. Maybe some machine learning once I actually learn it. Is this method a good one or is debugging the way to go?

4. This might be a bit to forward but I would love to pick the some of the devs brains if possible (kinda already doing that I know)

Thank you for reading and I look forward to helping you out in the future!