Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
dungeondiety

Giving up on exiled bot

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been unable to make it through an entire night (5-8 hrs) of botting without some kind of issue.  Most of the time I discover in the morning that the bot is stuck vendoring an item.  Two nights in a row it was the same unique 2h axe (forgetting name atm).  Other issues have been:

• the bot running out of scrolls of wisdom (even though there are hundreds in stash) and perma locking up at the vendor
  • Issues looting items when large quantity of items is on the ground and getting stuck
  • bot spamming abilities that are given a long cooldown (ie spamming warchief totem at priority level 4 with 4 second cd instead of ice crash priority 9 with no cd)
  • Bot selling uniques on default pickit (wtf?)

These are the most frequently recurring issues.  Usually an issue occurs between 5-40 runs, which more or less renders the bot useless.  I have been trying to do everything in my power to correct the issues but each night I discover some other issue, and I can't keep up.  i spend a good deal of time today observing the bot in action and  I don't think I will be able to continue using it, as there is no real point.  The final straw is watching it vendor 2 consecutive unique items after downloading and setting up version 0.70c.

These issues have been occurring since version .69 and I dont think I have had a successful botting session since then.  I am open to ideas or suggestions, but as of now I will discontinue using the bot.  

I have a few questions to ask to see if i can help any don't take offense if they seem obvious.

1. Under the pickit tab the box labeled Stash tabs: do you have that box include all the tabs that are in the other corresponding boxes? 
    For example if you have tab 5 be your currencies tab that must be included in the list of stash tabs

2. Are you attempting to use a bought currency tab, bot can deposit but not withdraw so it can cause issues. I avoid it and just dump in two regular tabs and sort later.

3. When you say you have it set for 4 seconds is the box set at the number 4 or 4000 as it is set in miliseconds? If yes then do both skills have a min and max range set for them? You can also set the totem to only be used against unique mobs.

4. As for the default pickit yes it does sell some uniques it is meant for you to configure yourself, personally I don't keep anything but good uniques it clogs my inventory again its personal preference but you need to configure it. If you need help configuring it let me know. Good Guide: https://exiled-bot.net/community/index.php/topic/7679-the-pickit-thread/#entry40292

EDIT: Another useful link for pickit syntax highlight for notepad++ 
    https://exiled-bot.net/community/index.php/topic/4006-pickit-syntax-highlighting-for-notepad/?hl=notepad

5. As for the issues with picking up stuff when large quantities of items, use an item filter.  For Example https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208
Edited by poefan20

item filter doesn't fix the issue

it doesn't remove items , only hides them

the bot still gets stuck trying to pick stuff up due to tons of drops on the ground

Edited by soboro

item filter doesn't fix the issue

it doesn't remove items , only hides them

the bot still gets stuck trying to pick stuff up due to tons of drops on the ground

This is wrong, loot filter will hide useless stuff while bot can accurately click on the item it wants to pickup.  Just don't use "Use Alt to Loot" and make sure your bot is not trying to pickup hidden stuff.

Edited by jps42

Well I should say I mean no offense, and understand that the issue could 100% be on my end. I did bot for several weeks with no issue, and tbh they only arose when I reconfigured a new version. I'll take a look at things tomorrow and see if I can't figure it out. It's running tonight so hopefully it won't get stuck.

And Poefan to answer your question, I definitely made sure all the tabs were correct. I've made that mistake before lol. I am running Neversinks loot filter, but I'll be sure to uncheck use alt when looting. I'll follow up if I figure anything out.

Edited by dungeondiety

So I just went and checked on the bot... sure enough it had an issue. For whatever reason it had the incorrect character logged in and was standing in the hideout doing nothing. I checked the settings, and the correct character slot (7) was selected. Not sure why it went down and chose character 10. Started the bot again and this time it chose the correct character... this is what I mean though. Every night it has been a new thing.

I deleted a couple of my characters to help it select the right character from login screen. The bot is still doing unexplainble things such as running dried lake even though I have maps selected and plenty of maps in my tab. It seems to just sit there in my hideout after awhile and whenever I try to fix it and resume hitting the cursor snaps to the life globe and it continues not doing anything. This afternoon I'm going to try rolling back to a previous version because this one is unusable.

All this is errors on your end. I ran the bo flawlessly for months, as well as many oher people. Download a fresh version and configure from there.

It's working now and I think the issue was somehow it changed to DX 9. I changed to DX 9 ex and it's been working flawlessly since.

DX 9 ex? An in-game setting? 

Dx9 is the 32 bit client, the bot doesn't work on 64 bit unless they've changed things while I've been gone

Edited by zelda420

Sign in to follow this