Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
Thormrand

Banhammer This Morning

For those who have received a ban (account ban or IP ban).

Have you received an official email from ggg telling you that you were ban ?

How are we supposed to prevent this when you are connecting from public internet location (university network) ? We are 3000 on our campus. There are maybe 100 student playing POE. If someone bot , every sutdent can be IP perma ban ? It sounds unfair.

We definitely need to figure out what's tipping them off. I figured if your main got banned because you we're botting it, that's just the risk you run, but If you can get your main banned for just trading with your bot...that's a much bigger deal, at least to me. I run my bots through a VPN on a completely seperate machine from my main. I never run my bots on the same computer or network as my main either. That's not going to make a difference though if you can get banned just for trading. I'm not going to do anymore botting for a little while...I at least want to be able to play at release.

If you can get your main banned for just trading with your bot...that's a much bigger deal, at least to me. I run my bots through a VPN on a completely seperate machine from my main. I never run my bots on the same computer or network as my main either.

I'm currently botting on my main 12-15 hours a day, no breaks, no proxy, no mac spoofing, running on my main computer, etc.

Haven't been banned. :D

If you can get your main banned for just trading with your bot...that's a much bigger deal, at least to me. I run my bots through a VPN on a completely seperate machine from my main. I never run my bots on the same computer or network as my main either.

I'm currently botting on my main 12-15 hours a day, no breaks, no proxy, no mac spoofing, running on my main computer, etc.

Haven't been banned. :D

I haven't been banned yet either, but that doesn't mean anything.

Is it possible that logging out every several minutes is contributing a contributing factor.

The bot needs to be configured to use portal scrolls instead of logging out every 5 minutes.

Obviously an account that logs into the game 15-20 times an hour all day long is probably not a legit account.

Another option would be to allow the bot to run multiple destinations. Two or three and the locations would reset allowing a loop.

Running multiple locations is a dead giveaway. Real people don't do that. Real people run maps, and if they're unlucky or reckless and run out of maps then they go back to their farming zone until they have more maps.

Wow did not think this would become a monster topic! You guys should start a RAGING topic! so we can rage against GGG :P haha! Anyway banhammer is part of the game we (botters) play, if you cannot accept it, don't bot!

While using portal scrolls is a good idea you lose inventory space that way. Honestly it would be nice if there was a bot option to use the portal gem. That would be the only way I see to not waste a bunch of inventory space on portal scrolls.

Granted portal gem is about 6 chaos, but you should be able to afford that rather quickly.

While using portal scrolls is a good idea you lose inventory space that way. Honestly it would be nice if there was a bot option to use the portal gem. That would be the only way I see to not waste a bunch of inventory space on portal scrolls.

Granted portal gem is about 6 chaos, but you should be able to afford that rather quickly.

Great idea. I also hope they add the feature to run 2 diff instances one after another, instead of just 1 everytime.

Or walk back to the way point.

Right now the easiest way to find out a bot are the following:

1) Login 6-10 times per hour (no human does that)

2) Never AKF for more than 60 seconds (no human does that, we all take breaks. Water, pee, food, girlfriend, mom etc)

If we don't have a "portal to town when complete" and don't have a "take a break for x minutes after every ~random number between y and z~ then all of us on this site are going to banned within the next few days :(

I think people have a point about the loggin in and out thing. However their are people here that have done that for months botting 24hrs a day and no ban.

My gut feeling is that trading large amounts of currency between accounts sharing the same mac may be the contributing factor here.

Waiting to hear back from GGG on the matter i have actually received the first email saying they will look into it. My guess tis they have a lot of these to work through at the moment.

The fact a lot of us got banned on the same day. indicates some kind of software sweep, looking for patterns (logging in and out) or large trades, or perhaps party play sharing a mac addy (this would be an anti Boxing sweep too)

I think the more info we can get here as to the percentage of this community with bans, how many accounts and how they were running the bot.

Most of us run Multi bots on the same pc with VM's and VPN. Perhaps it was an individual 'Free VPN' that flagged us..

I'm currently only running one bot no VM with Private VPN. Left it running over 48hrs now, so i doubt it's a time logged in flag.

i got banned less than 24hrs(my 1st time using) after using this bot last week. Luckily its a mule account. I got it back. My main wasn't affected. I did trade with my main, and even used my main to assist with quest.

Just sharing my experience.

i got banned less than 24hrs(my 1st time using) after using this bot last week. Luckily its a mule account. I got it back. My main wasn't affected. I did trade with my main, and even used my main to assist with quest.

Just sharing my experience.

Thanks for sharing. Were you botting 24/7? Using the same MAC/IP address for both bot and main acct?

Personally if GGG begins to ban for trading and for rushing other chars through quests then that will be a point where I just stop supporting them. The trading between accounts I can see that issue, but quest rushing is something that is done pretty routinely IMO. The first two acts are boring anyway and the end game is only fun if you have people to play with. The appeal of their game is the ability to have so many different build possibilities.

I bot 12-16 hours a day every day on my main account with no proxy, no mac spoofing at all and no ban here.

They have to be looking at multiple connections from 1 IP address.

Almost every single person that says they got banned says they have multiple accounts.

I only have 1 account, have only ever had 1 account and I'm untouched.

I bot 12-16 hours a day every day on my main account with no proxy, no mac spoofing at all and no ban here.

They have to be looking at multiple connections from 1 IP address.

Almost every single person that says they got banned says they have multiple accounts.

I only have 1 account, have only ever had 1 account and I'm untouched.

Right!

A single question :

i got banned less than 24hrs(my 1st time using) after using this bot last week. Luckily its a mule account. I got it back.

How did u get it back ?

Sign in to follow this