Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
immo

What you need to know about Hideout and botting!

Since the mechaincs for Hideout using in Path of Exile are somewhat 'unpremeditated' you should be aware of the following:

NEVER EVER consider to use the Hideout option in Exiled Bot when you are NOT farming maps!

You will be way less effective and loose big amounts of everything (items/currency/maps/everything)!

Why is that?

The following is a quick work routine. 

• Each time you come back from a normal zone via TP or via chickening, you end up in the TOWN not in your hideout! To know that is crucial for understanding why hideout & normal zones farming is useless!
  • Now what happens when Hideout-Option in Exiled Bot is that ofcurse the bot enters the hideout quickly after it entered the normal town (i.e after Inventory full)
  • Next step for the bot is identifing / selling / stashing and so on
  • But what happens next is that the bot starts a new instance of the zone you setup for botting. This is due to the fact that the bot is only able to continue you previous run (in the previous instance of the zone you farm) if it detects an active TP to that zone.
  • Now thats an issue because our TP back to our recent zone is located in the normal town and we (the bot) are in our hideout!
  • The most common reasons for the bot leaving an instance is:
    1. Full inventory
    2. timeout
    3. chickening
    4. zone is clear
  • At least for me the first point (full inventory) happens most frequently (by far)
  • If the bot leaves an unfinished instance because of a full inventory it is most likely that you just killed a boss/rare or opened a strongbox.
  • Again, at least for me, most of the recently dropped items could not get picked up because my inventory was already full. (also a good example is a vaal zone: The VaalChest gets often opened after the group of magic mobs got killed and looted, so the vaalfragment is mostly the last item which gets looted)

So long text short conclusion for hideout-option enabled but botting normal zones:

1. Every Item you leave on the ground in your current zoneinstance is 100% lost (doesnt matters if its a unique or an mirror which you left behind)!
  2. Each rare monster / boss not killed before leaving for clearing up you inventory will not be killed!
  3. Each Strongbox / Vaalchest is lost!

THE BOT IS NOT ABLE TO RESUME THE CURRENT ZONE WHEN IN YOUR HIDEOUT! SO ONLY USE IT FOR FARMING MAPS!

Not necessary to say that you have no advantage either way for using the hideout when farming normal zones...

Just wanted to say that because many people dont know that. Not because they are stupid but maybe because they never thought about that.

I've also firstly realized this issue when i lost eternal orb due to that and i was luckily infront of the monitor ;>

______________________________________________________________________________________

Just want to note that this is not an issue of exiled bot but related to some stupid game mechanics!

using bot to farm zones whiel going back to ho is safer, becuz there's alot of arsehole who challenge u to pvp or other stuffs, where sometimes the bot click ACCEPt because it's moving towards the waypoint. I found myself pvp-ing  a person while the bot is active, and the other time joining a party. Tht's far too much risk involved. I rather bot from ho and to zones to farm than in town to zone itself

But using the hideout does not protect you from getting a pvp-challange! You still do enter the normal first, even wirh the hideout option enabled!

I use my ho the only run zones. I leave zone, get to town and immediately get to ho. Less chance for someone sitting in town watching the movements of everyone watching for bots to see me.

But using the hideout does not protect you from getting a pvp-challange! You still do enter the normal first, even wirh the hideout option enabled!

yes, i still enter town 1st, but it's just a brief moment near the wp. because pvp-challenge invitations happen mostly when u walk towards the npc or stash, or walking from npc/stash to wp. the mouse will click south-east and sometimes will accidentally accepted the pvp. I've encountered this ard 3 times. And one more time it randomly joined someone's party. Since i've started ho farming, there's been no problem at all. 

i believe between being exposed and losing all of ur wealth / ip ban and just a slight chance of losing some of ur wealth, the latter one is probably better. just from wat i experienced and my 2 cents.

Edited by bulma33

NEVER EVER consider to use the Hideout option in Exiled Bot when you are NOT farming maps!

You will be way less effective and loose big amounts of everything (items/currency/maps/everything)!

Hi immo sir,

Why I do NOT enable H/O, it still NOT continue previous  run when full inventory? Does need do another setting for?