Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
jps42

Picking up items - Search pattern

Another member brought up he was having trouble with bot picking up items on shoutbox.  Ash and I were trying to help him, had trouble understanding what completely was wrong (language barrier).  Anyways, he had a valid issue.

I watched bot for a while tonight.  At a large amount of items on ground, bot scanned up and then down and then started about 1-2 seconds of the circular pattern it usually would do, and then went back to the up and down motion in an infinite loop.  What I have been used to seeing is that bot scans up, then down, then a circular motion with wider arc as it progressed.  This is not happening anymore causing a continuous loop to occur.

So, I don't know if this was intentional or a bug.

PS - I don't have highlight items on, I do have use alt for pickup, I am using Win 7 with aero theme.  There, got that out of the way.  :P

Yeah I agree.

The worst thing by far regarding the looting theese days is when the ground packed with items on the ground resulting the bot in hammering the ALT button each try to find the item, but there's so many items on the ground that the item actually changes location each time ALT is being pressed. The orb location doesnt change physically, the name of the item just appears another place each time bot fails to loot it while pressing ALT due to many items on ground. Happens very often in small areas killing a boss either in a corrupted area / maps like tunnel etc.

Hard to explain, never was my strong side. But I monitor my bots very often and this is what I have seen if you can understand.

I'm pretty sure looting was better a month ago.

Edited by Ash

i have to say that i am pretty pleased with the current looting system. i dont have those looping issue the op stated and my feeling for the last weeks was that looting was improved cuz it feels like eb picks up stuff way faster for me. ofcurse the issue where the ui-labels change position wheN to many items are on the ground is still around...

Ofcurse i need to say that i have completly dropped all my IIQ for IIR lately...

but when you are farming fragments, even thou you have 0 rarity 0 quantity

drops on the bosses guarding the vessel has god damn too many items..

all my 10 fragment botters farming midnights suffer from this 0 rarity 0 quantity

I agree with all the complaints. Hopefully someone on the EB team could explain why the bot sometimes has trouble accurately getting an item's coordinate on the screen. I know some coding and want to help out.

Edited by heisenburger