Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
powstriker

VMWare "Out of Memory"

Hello gentlemen and gentlewomen,

First and foremost, if I have posted this in the wrong section, forgive my ignorance, for I am not very into the use of forums. I come here today in an attempt to solve an issue preventing me from playing PoE on my VMWare. I currently have VMWare Workstation 10 running a Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 32 bit operating system, while my main computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I have dedicated 2.5gb to the VMWare of my total 8gb of memory, and I am currently running 25gb harddrive on my VMWare with the PoE folder shared between the host and VMWare. I am able to connect to PoE and even log on the character (on the VMWare), but every time I attempt to leave the town, no matter which instance I am trying to access, I get an error that says:

D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY Out of Video Memory

At times, there is an occasional message with the error, indicating some error with some art model. I have linked both errors here and here (I would insert the picture, but as I mentioned, I rarely use forums and I'd rather not embarrass myself with a failed insertion). These are the only errors I have experienced, other than the Direct3D device incompatible, though I believe I have solved that issue. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

TL;DR - Getting an out of memory error when trying to zone, even though I have 2+gb RAM dedicated to VMWare Workstation 10. Errors are hyperlinked above.

Increasing the pagefile size did fix the other error, so many thanks to you, Aeiz, but now I am receiving an error stating that it is unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. I apologize for coming to you guys with my problems, but I've been at this for quite some time and I'm slowly losing my hair haha. Once again, any help is appreciated :)

So I boot up VMWare just fine, open up VPNGate, connect to a VPN, then launch PoE. When PoE launches, I am able to log into my account and access my characters (the entire screen flashes white, but it doesn't bother me too much and I believe I saw a solution to that issue somewhere earlier). I go to the waypoint and attempt to enter the Mudflats. The loading screen appears, and then goes black. This time (I'm running through it again so I can get you a play-by-play process), I am getting the D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY error again, even though I vamped up the pagefile memory (my host system has 8gb RAM, and I changed the virtual machine RAM to 12gb-16gb). I hit "OK" to the error and now got a "Runtime Error!" Hit "OK" and it shut down.

Boy oh boy, am I having some problems. If you wouldn't mind, would it be quicker to run through this via TeamViewer or something of the sort? Or if I could share my screens with you via Skype?

Thanks.

I have almost exactly the same setup, so I'll post my issue here:

The game crashes semi frequently, usually in relation to a) how many resources are being used by the main computer and other vms(not any atm) and b) how long the VM/PoE/bot have been running.

The game loads slow --> freezes --> disconnects to login and functions poorly afterward, or crashes completely and doesnt restart.

or

Chicken/Timeout (takes too long to finish map, stuck back&fourth, stuck in doorframe, etc) --> exit to login --> many more problems

CPU /phys memory usually spikes from 50-90+% during this, then when it freezes, drops back down.

I've done just about everything in the Sticky compendium. Graphics are at suck level (3.5), but I still get funky things like accidentally grabbing an item from the right most column, middle row, without "knowing" it, and looping.

*Edit* Alright, so I've installed VMWare Workstation 7.1 (I assume 7.1 is okay) and I am trying to initialize PoE. I double click on PoE, it shows the loading screen for a few seconds, and then cuts black, and an error that says "Failed creating Direct3D device objects" appears. Once again, any help is appreciated  :)

So I verified that enable3d was enabled, which it was, and then I went ahead and reinstalled the VMware tools. I tried running the game again and got the same error, so I uninstalled VMware and reinstalled it. There error persists. Why am I so bad at this? :(

Also, on a side note, how do I rep you? You've been extremely patient with me and my nonsense and I'd love to show my appreciation, but I'm not too sure how else to show my gratitude.

There should be a like button on my post somewhere on the right hand side corner.

You may need to reinstall the vm from scratch not the vmware

Edited by aeiz

Yeah, I uninstalled VMware from my computer completely, then reinstalled VMware workstation 7.1 from their website, still no dice. Is it just me who has had so many problems? 

Alrighty, so I just finished creating a new VM and shared my PoE folder once again. Downloaded d3dx9's dll, whichever one it is, and the MSVCP100.dll. Attempt to start up PoE and I get the same error as before. The error wasn't present when I was using VMware Workstation 10, though. Reinstalled the workstation tools, as well, no dice. I'm starting to lose hope :( Been at this for like two weeks now lol.