Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
duongstun

Bot ignoring Cooldown and Max Distance value?

So I recently roll a wander which uses Frenzy as its default attack. For some reasons the bot keeps attacking targets off screen, even when that target is behind walls. This effectively breaks the bot because it will keep attacking the wall forever. I've tried setting the Max Distance value all the way to 10 but that doesn't seem to change its behavior. I've also set the cooldown to 1.5s thinking it will force it to walk around a bit before attacking but that doesn't seem to register either. Any idea?

Yes, bot has problems with ranged attacks. Range 10 usually works fine. Cooldown is set in milliseconds, so you need to set 1500 to have 1.5s cooldown.

Best skills for bot are AOE
So it just doesn't happens
Try Blade Vortex or any AOE clearing spell really
Like Rain Of Arrows or Toxic Rain
Summoner builds are nice too (Golemancer!)
RF ?
If you are melee just set up max dist for 9 (that's around single sword range without any keystones) so your bot will run towards target. Min dist 0

Edited by Laber59

8 hours ago, SupZerg said:

Yes, bot has problems with ranged attacks. Range 10 usually works fine. Cooldown is set in milliseconds, so you need to set 1500 to have 1.5s cooldown.

I'm aware of the timing settings, when I say 1.5s I did mean the value was 1500. Just found it's weird that cooldown doesn't work for this guy since it did work on my totem character.

I'll try setting the distance down to 10 and see if that changes anything. Thanks

Btw when you say 'ranged attacks', do you mean wand-based ranged attacks? Because I have 3 other bow chars using ranged attacks (Burning Arrow, Elemental Hit and Ice Shot respectively) and they all run just fine without the targeting bug.

Edited by duongstun

37 minutes ago, Laber59 said:

Best skills for bot are AOE
So it just doesn't happens
Try Blade Vortex or any AOE clearing spell really
Like Rain Of Arrows or Toxic Rain
Summoner builds are nice too (Golemancer!)
RF ?
If you are melee just set up max dist for 9 (that's around single sword range without any keystones) so your bot will run towards target. Min dist 0

Yeah I had chars that run other skills as well (21 of them actually, each using a different skill setup). I'm going through the list of skills to check which one works and which one doesn't