Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
remi1234

need some help to run bot on vmware

hello.

i install win10 64bit on vmware workstation15, my poe work but i cant have more 15fps and when i moove, the game freez some sec...

vmware settings:

i set 7 go ram, 6cpu, 3go gpu and 3d acceleration enable.

my computer:

-ryzen3900x

-16goram

-4X240go ssd

-gtx1080ti

so i dont understand why i cant have more fps on poe in vmware.

second problem, i cant run exiled bot on vmware, i lunch it, he ask me behind witchone processus, i set one processus and nothing happened...

Remi I'm having similar issues.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
VMware Workstation Pro 15
Allocations:
8GB of RAM
2 proc 4 cpu
3GB VRAM

My computer:
Intel i9-9900k
SLI Nvidia 1070Ti
32GB RAM

I get horrible performance in anything but full screen mode, and even then I'm struggling to stay at 60 in town.

Your second problem;

You need to hide it in a running program, one that you can have on the bar on the bottom of your screen. So open notepad, paint, use your vpn window, anything that can have an active window, and then select it from the list.

It's unfortunate the list isn't sorted by PID.. but you can find the PID of the process by going into task manager, processes, and then enabling the column "PID".

Edited by RangerRick
  • Like 1

yep, i hide it on ccleaner lunch on administrator, on my pc that work, but not on vmware, with same folder copied.

when i start the bot on vmware, i select a processus and nothing start.

1 hour ago, remi1234 said:

for poe smoother, I discover it, I try to find how to make it work

check their discord,  its supersimple but I do not  use it anymore - they stopped free version

21 hours ago, Laber59 said:

Use PoE smoother If you want to go that deep ;)
And remember to have different IP adresses if you want to multi-client

Do you use PoE smoother? Is it mandatory to run it on VMs? I'm having a hell of a time with FPS on my VMs :(  

I also found "poeNullEffects"
https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/path-of-exile/poe-bots-programs/653218-poenulleffects-any-poe-version.html

They just closed the forum post for smoother, not sure why, looks like it's only been updated for 3.9, but still works?

Link:
https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/path-of-exile/poe-bots-programs/543975-poesmoother-effects-remover.html?s=7e666ffb36cc7038cbbdfb9f40a6c5c4

My current setup; baseline. I'll get the bot running and take another.

4.png

5.png

Edited by RangerRick

On 3/26/2020 at 11:20 AM, remi1234 said:

ok that work now, i find

i install :

Visual C++ 2010 (For 64 Bit OS )

Direct X End user Runtime

and its ok now

thx a lot

last problem on my skills, i cant use jump, idk why dont work

Wait, installing this on the host machine or the VM fixed your issue?

I thought I did this but maybe I didn't, let me try.

Edit: I've installed both on the host and VM, no difference from what I can tell. I've also tried turning down the graphics as low as they will go and no improvement, it actually looks to have made it worse lol.

Edited by RangerRick

installing on my host, allowed me to launch the bot, which was not the case before, did not solve the performance problem.

On my host i put poe on full scree place too windowsmode, improve my performence, but i have some drop fps.

RangerRick talk about "poeNullEffects", i test it, i set max fps, he remoove many things in game, the game is empty of effect, i win some fps, now my bot have dessent perfomance and can run, some time he down to 0fps but not long and rarely.

i hope you understand my english and than can help you

1 minute ago, remi1234 said:

installing on my host, allowed me to launch the bot, which was not the case before, did not solve the performance problem.

On my host i put poe on full scree place too windowsmode, improve my performence, but i have some drop fps.

RangerRick talk about "poeNullEffects", i test it, i set max fps, he remoove many things in game, the game is empty of effect, i win some fps, now my bot have dessent perfomance and can run, some time he down to 0fps but not long and rarely.

i hope you understand my english and than can help you

Oh I gotcha ok, my bot and VMs were already running, the game is just performing poorly, surprisingly the bot seems to do pretty well still.

Wow even with "poeNullEffects" you still get down to 0 fps? That just doesn't make sense with your hardware.. but I'm having the same issue, so idk. I'm going to try and install a hypervisor on a crappy PC tomorrow and see if it's any better than this.

VMware workstation is horrible to play any games. FPS is 0 frequently.

I have been trying to make GPU passthrough but current my system is not able to. so I ordered new motherboard and CPU.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 11:58 PM, RangerRick said:

Oh I gotcha ok, my bot and VMs were already running, the game is just performing poorly, surprisingly the bot seems to do pretty well still.

Wow even with "poeNullEffects" you still get down to 0 fps? That just doesn't make sense with your hardware.. but I'm having the same issue, so idk. I'm going to try and install a hypervisor on a crappy PC tomorrow and see if it's any better than this.

I am very curious about Hypervisor.

Please share what happened and the performance.

1 hour ago, loveAfterlove said:

I am very curious about Hypervisor.

Please share what happened and the performance.

Issue after issue, but in the end if you have a GRID or other GPU mem sharing compatible video card like a Quadro I think it might be good, that's my next step is to look into a better suited card that can dynamically share the vram/compute. With a 1070Ti the best I could do was PCI passthrough to a single VM, which just wasn't what I wanted, I need multiple VMs with video performance, because without the videocard the performance was terrible, literally unplayable 1-3 fps at the login screen. I wiped, installed Win 10 and VMware Workstation, I now have 4 VMs running well.

15 hours ago, PoeTrippin said:

Does anyone ever run it in blackout mode? Its like 140fps with few spikes just curious if it even works.. (useing PoE Smoother)

It is working with blackout mode.

15 hours ago, PoeTrippin said:

Does anyone ever run it in blackout mode? Its like 140fps with few spikes just curious if it even works.. (useing PoE Smoother)

I have one VM running in blackout mode and yeah it seems to be running great, 10x better than without, I even see an increase in overall currency because of it I think, running a test now.. I'm going to transition them all to blackout I think, but it does kinda suck for confirming the bot is working properly, so first I need to figure out which files I can copy between VMs without having to completely reconfigure the bot for each VM.

Edited by RangerRick

On 4/17/2020 at 11:50 AM, RangerRick said:

Issue after issue, . I wiped, installed Win 10 and VMware Workstation, I now have 4 VMs running well.

So, you installed  Windows 10 in you VM machines and VMware workstation. I installed Win 10 and unplayable so I reverted to Win 7.  I guess my computer is not powerful enough to run it.

What VMware workstation pro did you install? is it VMware workstation pro 15 or 12?

On 4/18/2020 at 11:05 AM, RangerRick said:

I have one VM running in blackout mode and yeah it seems to be running great, 10x better than without, I even see an increase in overall currency because of it I think, running a test now.. I'm going to transition them all to blackout I think, but it does kinda suck for confirming the bot is working properly, so first I need to figure out which files I can copy between VMs without having to completely reconfigure the bot for each VM.

Is free version POE Smoother still working?  Are you using free version?  The question goes to PoeTrippin as well

10 hours ago, Happyguy said:

So, you installed  Windows 10 in you VM machines and VMware workstation. I installed Win 10 and unplayable so I reverted to Win 7.  I guess my computer is not powerful enough to run it.

What VMware workstation pro did you install? is it VMware workstation pro 15 or 12?

Pro 15, and set the video memory to 3GB, with 4 cpu cores and 6GB of RAM. I haven't tried Win 7 but others who are using it were getting nearly the same performance so I don't think OS matters much.

39 minutes ago, RangerRick said:

Pro 15, and set the video memory to 3GB, with 4 cpu cores and 6GB of RAM. I haven't tried Win 7 but others who are using it were getting nearly the same performance so I don't think OS matters much.

Thank you