Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
RangerRick

Builds? And Poor VMware Performance

What builds have you guys been finding successful lately? I read that channeled spells don't work well, which seems odd, as I was thinking a solid lifesteal melee build should be good.

I'm also having poor performance trying to run PoE in VMware, I've given it plenty of hardward(3gb ram, 4 cores on a 9900k with sli 1070Ti) so I'm not sure what the issue is. I've read half a dozen stickied posts but haven't gotten far with VMware, I'm in IT so I think it's dialed in, I've never had to maximize 3d performance though..

Stay safe exiles.

Rick

4.png

Edited by RangerRick
Add pic

Or use poe smoother ;)
On sc you can play.... anything

On HC High defences, single skill + auras + buffs(golems) + one special attack If u really need to + movement skill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laber59 said:

Or use poe smoother ;)

On HC High defences, single skill + auras + buffs(golems) + one special attack If u really need to + movement skill

True :)

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 8:27 AM, poefan said:

GPU Passthrough it's your solution

What products is this available in? I think it's available on vsphere, but I don't have another PC right now to run as a hypervisor, although I have parts on the way, 3950x and a 3900x build for other home servers as well. I've been meaning to virtualize all my stuff for years, but haven't had the time or real determination until my time suddenly freed up. (hope y'all are staying safe)

If someone could share how they're managing their setups I'd be very appreciative. Even with the game struggling to run at 30fps the bot actually did alright last night so I'm impressed. Although somehow it swapped to my secondary weapons slot(x keybind..) and appeared to be killing mobs with flame dash for awhile :P  

21 hours ago, Laber59 said:

Or use poe smoother ;)

Is it mandatory for VMware botting? I'm struggling to get 30fps, in town(The Forest Encampment) it's anywhere from 8-40fps and only slightly better when I step outside. I noticed when I run in full screen mode the game preforms MUCH better, steady 60fps even with the game at 1920x1080... not sure why that would be which is what makes me think this is just some configuration I need to set.

Build wise Do you have a suggestion? I was thinking Righteous Fire, but I'm not sure how well that would work with the bot?

I've attached a picture of my setup. You'll notice the fps I'm getting are jumping all over the place, part of me thinks it could be related to SLI... but breaking the SLI is likely to cause me more problems at this point.
NOTE: My graphics settings are all at default still, I don't want to turn them down, I've tried and it made no difference, I actually saw a slight drop in frames somehow.

5.png

Edited by RangerRick
clarification

2 hours ago, RangerRick said:

What products is this available in? I think it's available on vsphere, but I don't have another PC right now to run as a hypervisor, although I have parts on the way, 3950x and a 3900x build for other home servers as well. I've been meaning to virtualize all my stuff for years, but haven't had the time or real determination until my time suddenly freed up. (hope y'all are staying safe)

If someone could share how they're managing their setups I'd be very appreciative. Even with the game struggling to run at 30fps the bot actually did alright last night so I'm impressed. Although somehow it swapped to my secondary weapons slot(x keybind..) and appeared to be killing mobs with flame dash for awhile :P  

Hey man, you should watch some guide, this guy really shows how to do it, but only the passthrough, you must configure the Vsphere (the host) ,it's enterprise program, but you can get free trial 60 days :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sljJmiwBfnQ

Edited by poefan

2 minutes ago, poefan said:

Hey man, you should watch some guide, this guy really shows how to do it, but only the passthrough, you must configure the Vsphere (the host) ,it's enterprise program, but you can get free trial 60 days :)

Can you run vsphere and the VMs on a single computer? I've always used vsphere by using a server/computer as a hypervisor and managing it from another computer with vcenter.. I've used the programs at work I just didn't think they could be installed and utilized on a single Windows 10 computer.

Edited by RangerRick

4 minutes ago, RangerRick said:

Can you run vsphere and the VMs on a single computer? I've always used vsphere by using a server/computer as a hypervisor and managing it from another computer with vcenter.. I've used the programs at work I just didn't think they could be installed and utilized on a single Windows 10 computer.

You can use as simple vmware, it's waste of time, but you can run ofc xD

1 minute ago, poefan said:

You can use as simple vmware, it's waste of time, but you can run ofc xD

Can you explain? I don't understand your meaning.

I'm using vmware workstation pro, but the performance is bad in windowed mode.

You can host-self a gaming environment for Vshpere (would see like a Vmware), you waste resources and time, but you're safe and can do another tasks.

sorry im not english

Edited by poefan

1 minute ago, poefan said:

You can host-self a gaming environment for Vshpere (would see like a Vmware), you waste resources and time, but you're safe and can do another tasks.

sorry im not english

What piece of software do I install to do that? I have the following iso downloads from their site:

VMware vCenter Server Appliance
VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi ISO) image (Includes VMware Tools) 
VMware vCenter Server and modules for Windows

I'm guessing the last or first one? As the hypervisor is for a bare metal server..

Your English isn't bad, don't worry about it. 

4 hours ago, poefan said:

I will find one specific video for you and will post here, it's possible to do with the Hypervisor

Interesting, yes if you could I'll definitely give it a watch, thank you.

Edit: just noticed your link, on it.

Edited by RangerRick

8 hours ago, poefan said:

I will find one specific video for you and will post here, it's possible to do with the Hypervisor

In the video you linked earlier he isn't running that on a single machine, he is using another machine as a hypervisor, which I know how to do, and have parts on order for.. lol.

How is everyone else botting lol? Are yall just dealing with the very low fps? I understand it kinda doesn't matter when you're botting.

Edited by RangerRick

10 hours ago, RangerRick said:

In the video you linked earlier he isn't running that on a single machine, he is using another machine as a hypervisor, which I know how to do, and have parts on order for.. lol.

How is everyone else botting lol? Are yall just dealing with the very low fps? I understand it kinda doesn't matter when you're botting.

Paying for Smoother is an option.

11 hours ago, RangerRick said:

Nono that it's just explication video, I tried to find one video but no luck yesterday xD

27 minutes ago, SupZerg said:

Paying for Smoother is an option.

From what I'm hearing it doesn't improve performance enough to be worth even using, my problem doesn't appear to be capability but instead compatability. I have parts on order for a true decent(3950s ;)) hypervisor, I'm also going to try installing on a very basic (G3930 or something) intel based system with a cheap vid card and see how that performs. 

3 minutes ago, poefan said:

Nono that it's just explication video, I tried to find one video but no luck yesterday xD

Oh lol doh, well let me know what you find! I'm very tech savvy, I just need to know installation method essentially, I use all the vmware products at work, but I'm a network engineer by trade.

• Upvote 1

UPDATE:

Disabling full screen optimizations appears to have given me a slight boost in FPS, maybe..

You can do this via right clicking the .exe and properties -> compatibility -> Disable fullscreen optimizations

Oof pre post edit: nevermind I think it's worse somehow.