Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
kaycrossedover

Is POE on a Virtual Machine dead now?

Now that poe is seemingly Directx11 only, and because none of the VM software have figured out directx11, is there no longer a way to run poe and therefore exiledbot on a vm?

Is there a way to force poe to run an older directx?

poe use vm is so lag...I haven't found a solution

you can try my post  ((my poe is Taiwan server  so ned change POE language))

but you can view this post ,is very smoothness  ((but i can't use XDD

Edited by bj6ck6text1

Yes. I got it working. It wasn't directx issues. But issues with Virtualbox. Once I used vmware player or workstation it works now. But now the problem is that the game averages like 11 fps with all the settings set low. The bot runs, but sometimes encounters issues due to lag, like bj6ck6text1 mentioned above. I have  a decently powerful cpu and gfx card and yet it really struggles.

On 3/22/2020 at 5:16 PM, kaycrossedover said:

Yes. I got it working. It wasn't directx issues. But issues with Virtualbox. Once I used vmware player or workstation it works now. But now the problem is that the game averages like 11 fps with all the settings set low. The bot runs, but sometimes encounters issues due to lag, like bj6ck6text1 mentioned above. I have  a decently powerful cpu and gfx card and yet it really struggles.

I'm having these same issues, I noticed I can run the game in fullscreen 1080p with normal settings and get 60 fps outside of towns, with occasional drops to 30 and hitches, but the bot still functions.

I've upgraded to workstation pro, you can a license on Ebay for $5, it may have made a difference.. but I dont remember if I tried in full screen or not. 

I'm going to mess around with it more tomorrow, I'm hoping I can make some progress. Currently I have the vm set to 3GB of vram, 2 core 4 threads, 8GB of ram, so it should be good.. my system is a 9900k, sli 1070Ti, and 32gb of ram. The VMs are installed on an NVME Samsung 970 Evo.. can't get much better specs so I must have a misconfiguration or vm performance just sucks. This is my first time ever using the bot tonight, it did work for the 15min I let it run, I'm hopeful.

2 hours ago, poefan said:

GPU Passthrough it's your solution for all of us, but you need to waste time xD

How can I get GPU passthrough? I can break my SLI and run one just for the VM I assume if this is possible.

It's not simple but you can look for VMware vSphere for gpu passthrough.

But the best option for you, its look for use 1gpu for desktop and other for vmware, I dont really know how (sorry xd)

29 minutes ago, poefan said:

It's not simple but you can look for VMware vSphere for gpu passthrough.

But the best option for you, its look for use 1gpu for desktop and other for vmware, I dont really know how (sorry xd)

Interesting I thought vsphere was an enterprise only solution, aka there isn't an available installer or iso etc to make it home use viable, but let me look into it.