Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Litaniae

AHK syntax accordance

Hello, Dev Team!

I want to ask you about your logic around the keybinding and key names using AHK in your bot for pressing them. How you do that, guys?

For example, AHK uses names like "LButton", "RButton", "MButton" for mouse buttons, but you named them respectively "mouse_left", "mouse_right" and "mouse_wheel". And I know you must to convert these names to AHK-readable syntax in the middle. But why? For what?

Maybe I was looking bad, but I could not find any information about your key naming on this forum. In order to not to be unfounded, let's consider the following case:

I need to bind any skill to the key "-" (minus, hyphen, dash) or "=" (equal) / "+" (plus), or any Numpad button. Why not the others? Just because I want exactly these ones, ok? So, what I should do? I open an AHK script, write command for key hooking, press them and view the key history. I see respectively "-", "=", Numpad1/2/3 etc. Ok, next I try to use these keys in the bot's Combat tab. But the bot not understands neither "-", nor "=", nor Numpad1/Numpad_1/Num1/Num_1/VP_1 etc.

So, could you explain to me how I can to find (or discover?) any key's name I want to use in the bot which the bot could understand?

P.S. Please, don't recommend me to use other simple keys like J, K, L or any numbers.

Hi,

Right now the bot isn't working so I can't test those buttons you want to use specifically.

But I think it should work if you follow these steps:

1. Put the skill in the hotbar (let's say you put them on the second bar-which works fine with the need to press "Crtl+(your key)")

E.g. Leap Slam on bar 2 on last spot (Ctrl+T)

2. Now go to the game settings - input. Here change the button to use skill 10 (click your button "+"/"-"/"=")

3. Open bot - Combat tab - Add skill:

Button: Change to (your button "+"/"-"/"=")

On second bar: Yes

set parameters like any other skill

Again, I THINKthis should work, I'll test it when we get an update of the bot.

Greetz

On 28/11/2019 at 2:13 PM, aerts1980 said:

On 28/11/2019 at 2:13 PM, aerts1980 said:

Hi,

Right now the bot isn't working so I can't test those buttons you want to use specifically.

But I think it should work if you follow these steps:

1. Put the skill in the hotbar (let's say you put them on the second bar-which works fine with the need to press "Crtl+(your key)")

E.g. Leap Slam on bar 2 on last spot (Ctrl+T)

2. Now go to the game settings - input. Here change the button to use skill 10 (click your button "+"/"-"/"=")

3. Open bot - Combat tab - Add skill:

Button: Change to (your button "+"/"-"/"=")

On second bar: Yes

set parameters like any other skill

Again, I THINKthis should work, I'll test it when we get an update of the bot.

Greetz

I followed just about the same steps before creating this post. The bot doesn't understand keys like "-" or "=" (next to 8, 9, 0), and I have no idea how to set any key from a Numpad keyboard because the bot has not any reaction to any Num-like keyname that I know.

But thank you for your attention and your try to help.

On 29/11/2019 at 9:11 AM, SupZerg said:

Why would you think bot uses ahk to press buttons??

I'm not absolutely sure, but at least because the Dev Team is using an AHK library from this guy.

Edited by Litaniae

What you want isn't possible. Why?

Well, the game doesn't let you use the numpad sings (- + /) as input keys for the skillbar buttons. I checked it myself..

You can use - + / on the letters part of your keyboard, but you probably already knew that.

Orrr

Maybe you can run AHK alongside with the bot and make a small script yourself, with the numpad signs redirecting to other usable keys that the game DOES accept as input buttons for the skillbar. Then the bot should work with your defined keys.

Also, this way you can use those keys yourself, when you play the game.

Hope this helps

Edited by aerts1980

On 30/11/2019 at 9:41 PM, aerts1980 said:

What you want isn't possible. Why?

Well, the game doesn't let you use the numpad sings (- + /) as input keys for the skillbar buttons. I checked it myself..

You can use - + / on the letters part of your keyboard, but you probably already knew that.

Orrr

Maybe you can run AHK alongside with the bot and make a small script yourself, with the numpad signs redirecting to other usable keys that the game DOES accept as input buttons for the skillbar. Then the bot should work with your defined keys.

Also, this way you can use those keys yourself, when you play the game.

Hope this helps

Thank you for your suggestions! Maybe I was not clear enough, but my question and my "problem" was around incomprehension at how to set the bot up so that it understands any "legitimate" Numpad key (like Num1, Num2, Num3 etc., not Num+, Num-, Num/ which  you can't set in the game) or keys like "-" or "=" (binds like + in the game) on the letters part of a keyboard.

This problem is relevant because the bot does not work as I expect (or as it should) with the second skills bar. If I use, for example, QWERT for my first skills bar, and CTRL+QWERT for the second, the bot stuck and not use skills from the second bar. Because the bot uses Default keymap, almost all the letter-keys and the number-keys are in use. So the most convenient (for me) way to use skills on the second bar without CTRL+ is to bind them either Numpad keys "Num1-5" or "890-=".

I hope this helped to understand what I initially want to do, and why I started it at all.

Thank you for your participation, aerts1980!