Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Rudneck

Combat Settings

Hello, maybe there is a possibility to create a base config files for combat settings, in each possible skill in-game (or the ones possible to use properly with bot).

Just purchased the bot and struggling to come up with some skills to configure. Also through forum search can't find suggestions on specific skills, what combat settings are most used for proper bot functionality.

Thank you for listening.

@Rudneck Welcome. First, I would point you to my personal Beginner's Guide: Exiled-Bot: A Beginner's Perspective

I keep adding to it as I learn more. I have an entire portion on combat settings.

I have a setup right now that has two auras, Clarity, bombs, a totem, magic and magic attack that is working like a charm.

It takes a little tweaking to get things to work properly. You need to be aware of weapon ranges, skills that affect those ranges, the ranges of spells so you can set them properly, etc.

I find going into an easy zone, clearing anything nearby and then getting to know how far a skill will hit goes a long way to making things work really well. Most ranged can be set to 30 and be good to go. Bombs have a range of 15 to 20, it seems. Weapons like daggers and short swords are 9 while long swords and two-handed are 11/12, but can get boosted by some skill gems to give them up to 30 in range. Everything depends on what you have equipped and the skills used in them.

Melee skills must be in a melee weapon. They will level up if not, but won't be able to be used.

If you set a skill to a range that is too far, when you run the bot, it will move within range when it tries to use it. That's a great indicator of the need to decrease the max range -- this applies to ranged attacks of course.