Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Exile

New user. Hello, and thanks everyone!

Hey all! New to the forum, haven't donated yet. I'm just looking through the forum and trying to understand the risks/steps involved before i donate and get throw myself into this thing.

At this moment I'm searching through the forum looking at guides - A lot of useful information, and some members that have taken the time to compile it into great guides for people like me. I'm starting to like this community before i even download the bot ;)

Currently I'm wrapping my head around what programs/strategies I can use to avoid detection. Continuing to surf the help guides (huge help, thanks again) and figure it out though. I'm sure the next hurtle will be the skill/gear/action set-up and details of the bot itself, no doubt it will be vastly different than D2Etal but hopefully i can use what i've learned there (for editing pickit as well) to speed up the learning curve.

I think that is where the similarities will end though, because of GGG's efforts to stop bots. I've never used a VM or a VPN to mask my connection/MAC before. As well as the randomization/humanization of botting routines (It was pretty care-free  with D2) so these are my only real concerns.

Like I said, I'm still going through guides to make sure i start this out right (masking etc) but any recommendations for VM/VPN software would be appreciated as i'm not familiar with these types of software. (would prefer to talk about these in PM)

Good luck wishes are always welcome ;) And thanks again to all the people that have put work into this project - i hope i can make sense of it all.

On 4.10.2018 at 3:55 AM, Exile said:

Hey all! New to the forum, haven't donated yet. I'm just looking through the forum and trying to understand the risks/steps involved before i donate and get throw myself into this thing.

Hi there,

welcome to the forums!

Currently I'm wrapping my head around what programs/strategies I can use to avoid detection.

Firstly: don't use a public bot. Seems harsh, but taking a look at the ban section (as well as Alk's Slack post saying no anti-anti-cheat/"security" measures have been taken) will show you that - unfortunately - the bot appears to be detected as of now.

Continuing to surf the help guides (huge help, thanks again) and figure it out though. I'm sure the next hurtle will be the skill/gear/action set-up and details of the bot itself, no doubt it will be vastly different than D2Etal but hopefully i can use what i've learned there (for editing pickit as well) to speed up the learning curve.

I've never used D2Etal, but let me say that while your initial setup of exiled-bot may involve some trial-and-error, you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

I've never used a VM or a VPN to mask my connection/MAC before. As well as the randomization/humanization of botting routines (It was pretty care-free  with D2) so these are my only real concerns.

You'll only need to use VMs in one of two scenarios: 1) you plan on using your PC for other tasks while botting (this is a passive bot, taking control of your mouse and requiring PoE to be the topmost window). 2) you're planning to run more than 1 bot at a time (for the obivous reason that each VM has its own virtual mouse cursor).

Like I said, I'm still going through guides to make sure i start this out right (masking etc) but any recommendations for VM/VPN software would be appreciated as i'm not familiar with these types of software. (would prefer to talk about these in PM)

If you're going for free software, you'll end up using VMware Workstation Player either way. It's the only free VM solution allowing you to forward more than 512MB VRAM to a VM. In case you have any detailed questions, feel free to PM me. If it is something of interested for other users as well, I'd strongly suggest to create a thread for that, so that other's can lateron profit from the information as well.

Good luck wishes are always welcome ;) And thanks again to all the people that have put work into this project - i hope i can make sense of it all.

Good luck & happy botting :)

Kind regards,

B3L1AN