Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
fatblokekev

Is the Bot Still available

8 hours ago, fatblokekev said:

Just joined - Hi

Doesn't seem to be any recent activity and the download links are inop.  Is the bot a thing of the past?

Wondered that as well, took the risk and purchased. It is indeed available and working as advertised. Download links will become available once you purchased a license.

Kind regards.

3 hours ago, grett999 said:

It's still working. PoE just had a small patch. Now we are waiting for Exiled-bot patch to work.

It is in fact working as of now.

11 minutes ago, adcarry2727 said:

Working as you won't get banned?

Been running this bot for a week 24/7 (only exceptions being the update downtimes) - no ban yet.

Just now, B3L1AN said:

Been running this bot for a week 24/7 (only exceptions being the update downtimes) - no ban yet.

Alright! Thank you man. Now that i can't join slack.... No idea if the bot is undetected or not. Appreciated

1 minute ago, adcarry2727 said:

Alright! Thank you man. Now that i can't join slack.... No idea if the bot is undetected or not. Appreciated

You're very welcome. There currently seems to exist no platform - other than this forum - for users to communicate freely. Maybe we should set something up?

Regards

13 minutes ago, B3L1AN said:

You're very welcome. There currently seems to exist no platform - other than this forum - for users to communicate freely. Maybe we should set something up?

Regards

By we you mean us as users? But that wouldn't help much if the development team is not in it? They used to make discord servers for the community to join...and we would get updates on the bot.

14 minutes ago, adcarry2727 said:

By we you mean us as users? But that wouldn't help much if the development team is not in it? They used to make discord servers for the community to join...and we would get updates on the bot.

As there seems to be no platform as of no, maybe it's up to us to set something up & devs can then join.

16 minutes ago, B3L1AN said:

As there seems to be no platform as of no, maybe it's up to us to set something up & devs can then join.

Cool idea :)

Who is good at this sort of thing?  Kev

Just now, fatblokekev said:

Cool idea :)

Who is good at this sort of thing?  Kev

Hi Kev,

I assume I'd be able to set something up. What would be the preferred platform? Slack? Seems to be a good shot indeed, channels/file exchange/moderation possibilities.

Regards.

4 minutes ago, B3L1AN said:

Hi Kev,

I assume I'd be able to set something up. What would be the preferred platform? Slack? Seems to be a good shot indeed, channels/file exchange/moderation possibilities.

Regards.

There is obviously an existing channel on Slack that has gone "private".  Perhaps an existing member of that channel wouldn't mind inviting one of us and we can go from there?  I am a very old fart and have been playing this type of game since the original game "Rogue" was invented.  I was heavily involved with a forum which dealt with the bots attributed to D2.   

1 minute ago, fatblokekev said:

There is obviously an existing channel on Slack that has gone "private".  Perhaps an existing member of that channel wouldn't mind inviting one of us and we can go from there?  I am a very old fart and have been playing this type of game since the original game "Rogue" was invented.  I was heavily involved with a forum which dealt with the bots attributed to D2.   

The problem there would be that all posts regarding Slack have not been responded to by an actual Slack group member, at least those posted in the last 3 months.

That's why I'd advocate for creating a new Slack channel, open to anyone.

2 minutes ago, B3L1AN said:

The problem there would be that all posts regarding Slack have not been responded to by an actual Slack group member, at least those posted in the last 3 months.

That's why I'd advocate for creating a new Slack channel, open to anyone.

Perhaps an existing Mod would care to respond?  It would be great to set the channel up on the correct basis from the get-go.

Edited by fatblokekev
typo

2 minutes ago, fatblokekev said:

Perhaps an existing Mod would care to respond?  It would be great to set the channel up on the correct basis from the get-go.

Taken from the last post about the Slack server:

On 13.8.2018 at 11:40 PM, pon4ik said:

Slack server is closed and u can get invite only from the person, who is actually in there. Dont know why creators of Slack exiled bot server did that. Probably not to share knowledge with any other ppl. All bot versions are shared to that community first (and other helpfull tips), before Alcapone release it on forum. Why did u make Slack group closed and try to seperate ppl?

Unfortunately, there seems to be little interest from the operators to re-enable that option. Which  is why I think starting something of our own would be the best way around the threads complaining that there's no public Slack server.

If at any point (I'd be happy to see that sooner than later) the operators/mods/admins which to take the server ownership, I'd be glad. At this point, there simply is nothing and threads go unreplied to.

OK mate - I know nothing about Slack.  Are you in a position to set up a new channel?  Once done perhaps we could create a thread to invite all like-minded gamers and botters to use that as their preferred method of "conversation"

1 minute ago, fatblokekev said:

OK mate - I know nothing about Slack.  Are you in a position to set up a new channel?  Once done perhaps we could create a thread to invite all like-minded gamers and botters to use that as their preferred method of "conversation"

I'll get that set up asap.

I suspect they are avoiding agents of the game coming and gleaning information about how to detect and beat the bot. Nothing wrong with a private dev channel, long as the spy/ies are not in that channel ;)