Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
xtreme

To all those who got banned

Hi,

I heard there are many people getting banned recently (me included, I never left bot unattended, so idk how they detected it) but there is a way to get GGG to give you all data they have gathered about you, that includes the detailed reason why you got banned, IP's, timestamps, if someone reported you, if an admin watched through your chests etc.

1. Write them, that because of their ToU you are entitled to receive any information they gathered about you.

if they deny 

2. Write them, that the "Privacy Act 1993" entitles you to to receive any information they gathered about you and that you will write a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.

if they still deny

3. go to "https://www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/complaint-form/"  and file out the complaint (it doesn't matter where you live...)

It will take some days / weeks but you will have success and if you're lucky, GGG will even lift the ban.
Edited by xtreme
  • Like 1

And who said that they collected information?
Pick up / remove / ban PoE Acc they can just do it, it's not your Acc, it's them, it's in the rules.

Well if they would rather lift my ban than have to explain why they banned me, I'd be cool with that. Something tells me that's not the option they will pick though.

Also, if I did "have success" after all of that and forced them to give me the info, I can't imagine they'd then be inclined to toss me a get out of jail free card as a Thank You.

Plus lets be honest, we all know that we are guilty... so what exactly would all that effort achieve? A letter from Chris explaining why botting is bad and I should feel bad? I don't get your angle here...

4 minutes ago, Pycm said:

And who said that they collected information?
Pick up / remove / ban PoE Acc they can just do it, it's not your Acc, it's them, it's in the rules.

They do collect all kinds of information about you...ofc they can ban you, but they have to tell you exactly why

3 minutes ago, bluechipps said:

Well if they would rather lift my ban than have to explain why they banned me, I'd be cool with that. Something tells me that's not the option they will pick though.

Also, if I did "have success" after all of that and forced them to give me the info, I can't imagine they'd then be inclined to toss me a get out of jail free card as a Thank You.

Plus lets be honest, we all know that we are guilty... so what exactly would all that effort achieve? A letter from Chris explaining why botting is bad and I should feel bad? I don't get your angle here...

It's more like helping the devs understand WHY their bot is detected

4 минуты назад, xtreme сказал:

Они собирают всю информацию о вас ... из них они могут вас запретить, но они должны точно сказать вам, почему

Have you read the agreement?
They can just give you a ban and everything, even if you did not violate anything, the account that you use is their collection, they will not say that they have received any information.

Edited by Pycm
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Pycm said:

Have you read the agreement?
They can just give you a ban and everything, even if you did not violate anything, the account that you use is their obsession, they will not say that they have received any information.

It is technically impossible to have an POE account without GGG gathering data about you. They write it in their ToU that they gather info

Just now, bluechipps said:

Well now I'm even more confused.

Why?

5 minutes ago, xtreme said:

It is technically impossible to have an POE account without GGG gathering data about you. They write it in their ToU that they gather info

Why?

Whoops my bad! I read "help the devs" and thought you meant GGG. Less confused now. Yeah maybe mention your intentions then in the first post, wasn't obvious to me at least

Edited by bluechipps

Just now, bluechipps said:

Whoops my bad! I read "help the devs" and thought you meant GGG. Less confused now.

No way I wanna help the GGG devs xD

@bluechips

They gather information on you and among that is the information that lead to the ban. So you when you ask them for your private data, they will also have to hand over that data. With that, you can find out how they found out about you cheating and with that knowledge the devs can build in circum measures.

Just now, antrox said:

deal with it, simple. waste of time to talk here. make a new account ^^.

Yes ofc, but I bet the EB devs would appreciate to know if the bot is easily detectable or not

Just now, username1001101 said:

@xtreme

Why don't you wanna help the GGG devs? Wiithout them we wouldn't have PoE

I buy supporter packs, but I don't want them to help identify botters...thats what I mean

1 minute ago, username1001101 said:

@xtreme

Why don't you wanna help the GGG devs? Wiithout them we wouldn't have PoE

the bot is not detected. 100% sure about that. all bans are based on behavior.

Anyway, now that its clear what youre trying to do, I say we should all chill for a bit. Wait and see what theories the experts come up with.

18 minutes ago, antrox said:

the bot is not detected. 100% sure about that. all bans are based on behavior.

Even though this could technically be true (and likely is) there is no evidence that proves it yet, and even if there were, there wouldnt be a reason to explain it like that to the community since they will then just want us to teach them how to change the behavior of their bots... which of course isnt a thing

Edited by bluechipps

i wrote them an email and all they said i was i breached terms of service . so i sent another email asking if can in detail explain what i did.

8 hours ago, bluechipps said:

"Even though this could technically be true "

It's not 'could', it is behaviour based. I have characters that are lvl 100 as well as others that got banned. The banned ones always ran some zone overleveled/played for too long. A simple test case is to run bot just few hours a day, none of these bots got banned. The ones that ran 12+ hours got all nailed. Especially on fresh accounts.

ok if this bann is about behaviour , is it not better to have in Bot Program an Map list to chose for Example Akt 4 Area 1 , 5 , 4, 9 , 8 in random cycle or all area waypoints  in random (if we have the Waypoint)? at now we kann only chose one waypoint and the bot will go for it 100 time. 

thanks 

Edited by Pezhy
  • Upvote 1

What does Alk mean when he says compensation?

"So, as you guys noticed during the last three days, a lot of accounts using the bot were banned. We are currently investigating hard to find out what triggers these bans and will release a safer version of the bot as soon as we have finished our tests.

Meanwhile, we had to close the shop and disable the auth system for version 0.75c mainly to protect unaware users.

Of course, compensation will be provided once a reliable solution has been implemented.

Stay tuned."

Got banned after using the bot on a fresh acc for only 30min or less in blood aq act 9 . Im worried cause I gave it some gear from my main with high rarity %. But they left my main alone. I was running the bot on vpn ofc.