Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
bulma33

0.74c changes (ipd encoding changed)

With 0.74c introducing this "Fixed ipd files encoding" i'd noticed the ipd files under pickit are now all ANSI encoded instead of UTF-8. But thing is i've been always editing the pickit by myself and prefer not to use the new ANSI encoded pickit.ipd because that would mean i have to re-edit the whole thing.

If i tried to save my existing pickit.ipd files from UTF-8 to ANSI,  there will be a warning message saying "This file contains character in Unicode format which will be lost if you save this file as ANSI encoded text file....etc" . If i go ahead and ignore it and save it to ANSI, will it affect anything? And secondly, if i remain using the UTF-8 encoded pickit.ipd files in 0.74c will there be any problems occurring later? Or lastly, do i need to re-edit the whole pickit if both solution aforementioned doesn't work?

so despite the default.ipd files encoding changed to ANSI, if i still using UTF-8 encoded pickit files, there will be no problem right? Because there aren't any special letters used in the pickit default.ipd files.

On 29.3.2018 at 9:51 AM, bulma33 said:

so despite the default.ipd files encoding changed to ANSI, if i still using UTF-8 encoded pickit files, there will be no problem right? Because there aren't any special letters used in the pickit default.ipd files.

ye, should work fine. it worked before.