Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
Ether88

Abbys League - specific funcionalities

I've suggestion regarding features connected to announced Abbys League:

1) Abyssal Depths alert - if bot spots location, alert should be issued,

2) Clear Abbysal Depths option - similar to "clear corrupted areas" and "open breaches",

Besides that: we should remember about updating pickits: new jewels, new base-type. It is unknown at the moment how new sockets will interact with jeweller orb / fusion orb / chromatic orb, but we should probably have this in mind when preparing pickit update.

1) There's not a lot know about Abyssal Depths. You can expect it's a special zone (like vaal area's), but it might be something like breachlords spawning in breaches, and disappear again as soon as the breach closes, so time based. So it might not even be possible to put an alert out. Since we also don't know about the rarity (can there be more than 1 each map? or it is 1 every 10 maps?) you might not even want the bot to pause and send an alert, since you'll have a lot of downtime.

2) But on average, important league mechanics got implemented pretty fast. So if it's needed, I'm pretty sure support to do abyssal depths will be implemented. Another reason why I don't see the need for alerts.

3) Pickits are personal. There is a pretty good default one, and jps and other people do a pretty good job maintaining it. It has also been setup with forcesell over the stashing method in the past: It will stash all non-rares unless you force it to sell, so even with the current one you should get all new uniques. As for rare items you'll have to write the rules yourself, bot should not need any changes to support it, you just need the correct names for base type and mods.

• Like 1

This are only suggestions and predictions.

Ad 1) and 2)

From Anouncment we know that:

As players progress through the Abyss League, some pits may offer access to the Abyssal Depths below. These Abyssal Depths are packed with monstrous creatures and valuable rewards, and culminate in an exciting boss encounter.

So I think that we are talking about seperated area or - at least - boss arena. I agree with you - if it is timed it will not have much sense to put bot on hold. Also, it is arguable to build in any "abbys crack avoidance" mechanics.

Ad 3)

This suggestion was more about keeping in memory that - not nessesery dev-team, but community members that are contribuiuting to the pickit for example - it a good idea to look into the pickit configuration after league launch. Of course this configuration is personal, but I am not talking about new unique items: it is easy to make bot pick them. I am talking about potencialy new item types (like Divine Vessel) that can be left on the ground because pickit rules will not include them at all. I agree with you that this is not a matter of implementing new "feature", but it is also information to the testing team (and community members involved in more then just using a bot) that this is area to look into.

And finaly: thank you for your input :).