Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
dario23

Bot keeps dying from elemental damage

Hey exiled-bot members/admins.

Question how do i avoid my bot dying form mobs with the reflect elemental damage mod.

it isn't able to level up anymore or run maps because it keeps dying from reflect.

thank you for your time reading this.

Hey exiled-bot members/admins.

Question how do i avoid my bot dying form mobs with the reflect elemental damage mod.

it isn't able to level up anymore or run maps because it keeps dying from reflect.

thank you for your time reading this.

Pretty much same answer to people hand playing...  better build, better dmg mitigation, higher effective life pool, or better flasking/regen/leech.

If you run a crit build, ur going to kill yourself more often than a RT build while botting...  if ur not maxed out on res of type of ele dmg ur attacking with, ur going to kill yourself faster.  If you have sub 4-5k effective life pool late game, your prob going to die more.  If ur pots are underleveled and slow then you won't be able to out pot the damage.  If it is fire based, use arctic armour; also some items give more mitigation for the particular element.

Exact same circumstances that happens to players playing manually.  Check out POE forums, especially in regards to HC players, for more tips.

I understand.

i use wild strike whitch swithces between types of elemental damage.

Good life pool good gear only the build is vurnable to this.

i usually watch out for the damage reflect and kite it/skip.

A chicken feature for mods would be very nice or avoid feature.

But that probably wont ever happen. thanks for reading.

I understand.

i use wild strike whitch swithces between types of elemental damage.

Good life pool good gear only the build is vurnable to this.

i usually watch out for the damage reflect and kite it/skip.

A chicken feature for mods would be very nice or avoid feature.

But that probably wont ever happen. thanks for reading.

Chicken on specific mods wouldn't be that complex but would still take some time to implement, test and fix eventual issues.

But is this feature really necessary ? I mean your bot dies, unless you are playing hardcore it's no big deal..

Hey alk thanks for responding,

as a player who mostly bots for fun and to get better gear for my main it stops me from leveling everythime it gets around 15% exp it dies a few times and the xp is gone.

is it a 100% necassary feature? yes and no.

Yes if you want to level and you are a casual botter/ hardcore botter.

No if you are a currency farmer.

But hey i have easy talk i can't code  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ more of a network guy  :geek:

Edited by dario23

Chicken on specific mods wouldn't be that complex but would still take some time to implement, test and fix eventual issues.

But is this feature really necessary ? I mean your bot dies, unless you are playing hardcore it's no big deal..

I bot HC, and this really isn't an issue for me, pretty much for the reasons I mentioned above.

Hey jsp thanks for responding,

I totally understand what you are saying.

i should have chosen a build wich is not vurnable to elemental resists. true.

but like some of us here we are not doing it for profit but to level or casually play a main character.

i'm just saying it would be a nice feature to have and very use full for some of us.

very un-usefull for people with other bot specific builds.

Not trying to argue here about my character or build. just what I see as a usefull feature in the bot.

Thank you for considering this.

Some advices:

- be fully capped with elemental resistances

- ignore maps mods like elemental weakness, - max res, elemental reflect

- use Sybil's Lament Coral Ring, give 40% reflect reduction

- if you are using Wild strike, you are probably raider or something close then pick the node -10% reflect elem in the right side of the ranger, with ring it will give you 50% reflect mitigation

- use Vessel of Vinktar + Vaal Pact, it helps a lot, then focus more on high attack speed than on big slam attack, the vinktar will help to leech just enough after each hit and like this you won't kill yourself

- a lot of life (5k min, belly of the beast) or go CI (2.6 only xD)

- Elementalist Ascendancy give 50% reduction on elem reflect if you combine with Sybil's Lament Ring you are almost immune to reflect

- Make less damage, so less reflect

- Use Divine Flask with Instant Recovery (2 of them) it will help especially with bot

- put the chicken threshold above 30 or 35%, in most critical case it will make you chicken before dying bc of reflect

Personally, i never die because of elem reflect (or very rarely), since they removed the reflect aura on Nemesis rares, there is only the rare mob which reflect the dmg and not the full pack like before so the reflect is not that much hard !!!!

I hope it will help you !

Edited by fantominus
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this