Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
Word

A problem with POE on Vmware

Hey,

I recently installed the new Vmware 12.5.2 and installed poe on it

I followed the guide posted on forums (machine is Vmware 6.5-7.x)

when i launch Poe i get this exception as shown in the attached photo

all help is really appreciated. thanks in advance

post-6833-0-38183300-1481384612_thumb.jp

Are you running it off of a rpm based harddrive or solid state drive? You can also reduce texture quality manually as per one of the vmware guides

Have you installed all of the windows updates on the virtual machine. Your error looks like a direct x 9 error to me. If all your system files aren't up to date with windows updates it can cause all kinds of problems. If that doesn't fix it I have no idea what you can do

due to the black screen thingy in vmware 7, i'd changed to vmware 12 but to find constant lag spikes throughout the game. Cant even bot properly.. 

I definitely had packet loss while using vmware 12. Lead to a lot of deaths, likr 200 a day lol.

Vmware could have been lagging because I'm running an old i5 3750k over clocked to 4.2 ghz. I ran mine off of ssd. Could never get the latency issues to stop. So I gave up.

it's like i cant bot anymore unless for the time i sleep lo, cz now ggg upgraded their thingy made us cant bot on vmware 7 (colors are haywired) and idk y vmware 12 lags non stop, keep dced to login screen when entering town. etc and like spikes every few seconds then fast forwarded.  sigh.

Id just run it on vmware7 if I were you. Who cares if the bot has to look at weird colors :) I know I gave up on vmware 12. If you find one that works well please let us know.

Edited by zelda420

vmware 12  lags because its new drivers are complete crap compared to old versions. VMware is in big trouble, they've fired their entire US staff, I wouldn't be surprised if it closes down for good in the near future.

The graphic issues present in the new poe client are an issue for many people with older configurations, not just VMware. This might be solved somewhere down the line by GGG but atm they are mostly focusing on stability, fixing crashes, increasing performance and getting better compatibility for various system configurations.

You just have to deal with this and accept it, there is no magic solution atm.

Sign in to follow this