Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
Veel

More options for using flasks

Hi,

I think it would be interesting if there is a special usage of the flasks, as for example using it every X millisecond,...

I mean it because i would like to use unique flasks everytime it is avaliable.

Hi,

I think it would be interesting if there is a special usage of the flasks, as for example using it every X millisecond,...

No need for this, flasks already work excellent.

No need for this, flasks already work excellent.

I totally disagree with you.Why to use an external program when you can have it build in-bot?There is for sure a lot of improvement room for flask.

I totally disagree with you.Why to use an external program when you can have it build in-bot?There is for sure a lot of improvement room for flask.

You don't need external program. Configuring flasks as combat skills works perfectly. I have 100% uptime of 4 flasks in combat on my bots. Edited by SupZerg

You don't need external program. Configuring flasks as combat skills works perfectly. I have 100% uptime of 4 flasks in combat on my bots.

But if i use a flask as a combat skill i lose those combat skills... i don't know why not to configure more options for keys from 1-5... really don't understand, it's quite easy to do so whith timers...

Priority: 10 - You want this to be cast before anything else and the cooldown will allow for other skills of a lower priority to be used while this skill is not available. If you put this skill at a lower priority than your primary combat skills, then it will likely never be used because monsters will be dead before they can be targeted for use with this skill.

Cooldown: 5000 - This should be the duration of the flask in milliseconds, so if the flask duration is 6.9 seconds, for example, then this value should be 6900. You can add or subtract from this value to suit your needs. But if you want 100% uptime you want it to be no more than 100ms greater than the total duration, so no more than 7000 in this example. 

Max Distance: This is the same as a combat ability so you want to set this at least as high as your primary skill or slightly higher so that it casts the flasks right before it can cast your skill. I typically use 20 for melee builds and 35 for ranged builds. This can be adjusted to suit your needs. Play with this and the cooldown the most to fine-tune your usage the most. You can also set this significantly higher than your primary skill to use it more frequently, as in the case of a quicksilver flask where you want to use it in more than just combat.

Min Distance:  0 - I have no idea why this option exists. Anything more than 0 causes the ability to never be used. Can anyone explain the need or use for this option?

Target Selection: Set this if you only want the flask to be used against certain targets, should be self explanatory. (Note: The selection will include everything above the selected tier except in the case of "Normal Only" so if you choose Rare as the tier, the bot will use this skill against Rare and Unique mobs but not against Magic and Normal mobs.)

Everything else should be left alone unless you have specific needs like a certain number of charges or a certain number of enemies to be present. However, I find that adding such conditions drastically reduces the odds that the ability will be used under the right conditions because the bot has so many variables to calculate that by the time it identifies the correct time to use a skill all the conditions will have changed. I have never really found a useful application of those options and they seem to cause more trouble than they are worth. Again, if someone else has made exceptional use of them, I would love to hear it so that perhaps I can refine my builds to include them if needed.

Edited by XeroKill

Autopot is way better then extra combat skill because as a skill you cant use them situational like use anti bleed utility flask when have 2+ corrupted blood or using toh when %40 hp gone etc.

Autopot is way better then extra combat skill because as a skill you cant use them situational like use anti bleed utility flask when have 2+ corrupted blood or using toh when %40 hp gone etc.

Usually it is better to read the op post before replying with unhelpful stuff like that -

Hi,

Autoflask won't activate unique flasks on a cooldown, with varying priority within a certain range and target a mob type.

Edited by jps42

I use both and it strikes a great balance. For certain flasks that I want to use under very specific conditions I will use a combat skill in the bot to setup those conditions. For the reactionary stuff like healing, curing conditions, or just using elemental / defensive flasks at a certain Life/ES, I stick with AutoPot. The only thing I don't use is the bot's built-in flasking functions as they just do not work reliably enough, but I do use the bot's chicken rather than AutoPot because the bot doesn't detect external disconnects and won't recast auras if another program forces a disconnect.