Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceguy911

Auto disconnect on server crash or internet drops

Not sure if this is a feature request for PoE, or something entirely different, but I would really like the option for my bot or game to immediately disconnect/exit if it detects a specific amount of packet loss or lag.  

All of my RIPs have come from either my internet or the PoE servers going down.  In which case my bot just sits in game trying to do things because it isn't away of the issue.

Thoughts?  Possible?

On ur end it's possible to make a script that detects instability and closes ur internet connection.

Not so sure if that's possible to detect on PoE servers. Would need access to PoE server then i guess.

Just pray that GGG fixes theyr shit

It might be possible relatively easy with powershell.

Only if you are having packet loss on your end though.

If the server crashes there is nothing you can do since no matter what you do on your end, their server won't register anything anymore since... you know, it crashed.

This should disconnect you stright away anyway.

Just google around. Powershell is quite easy to use, even with just snippets :)

You definitely can exit processes through powershell, not entirely sure how powerful it is when it comes to network diagnosis but AFAIK microsoft added some stuff for it.

EDIT: If you really wanna try it out and need some help with the scripting I encourage you to visit stackoverflow.com.

There are many experts who can possibly help you with almost everything as long as you provide them with proof of your own attempts.

Edited by happylittletree
  • Upvote 1

It might be possible relatively easy with powershell.

Only if you are having packet loss on your end though.

If the server crashes there is nothing you can do since no matter what you do on your end, their server won't register anything anymore since... you know, it crashed.

This should disconnect you stright away anyway.

Just google around. Powershell is quite easy to use, even with just snippets :)

You definitely can exit processes through powershell, not entirely sure how powerful it is when it comes to network diagnosis but AFAIK microsoft added some stuff for it.

EDIT: If you really wanna try it out and need some help with the scripting I encourage you to visit stackoverflow.com.

There are many experts who can possibly help you with almost everything as long as you provide them with proof of your own attempts.

Good info bro, +1