Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Zionic

Add Map Name and Time of Death to lastrun.log?

It's hard to tell when and how a particular build is dying.

This is especially frustrating at high levels when an entire day of work might be lost due to a single death.

If we could search lastrun.log for 'death' or 'died' and then look up and see how the player died, it would be very useful. The more information the better, but knowing which map the player died on to comment as [ignoreMap] == "true" would be especially useful. So, could the bot transcribe which map it is opening when it logs it to lastrun.org please?

I know survivability is not a high priority for an item farming bot, but I'm sure there are others who would love to see this feature added. We already ignore known 'bad maps', why not give us the power to determine which maps are bad for our particular build?

Edited by Zionic

The actual map is not what kills a player, other than the boss, it's the mods.  And for bosses you can look them up or just know which ones not to try, like Carnage, The Wicked One, etc.  

For example, knowing that I died on a magic monster/onslaught modded strongbox with bearers seems reasonable... now if it was in coves map, which I run tons of, that's not going to help one bit.  I'm not going to stop running coves because I died once there.  I have a lvl 96 Flame Totem bot that hasn't died yet running T10 and above, so part of it could be your build, flask setup, and chicken response.

TL;DR Feature really isn't going to give you much info about your build survivability. 

The actual map is not what kills a player, other than the boss

Yes, I was in fact referring to the boss specifically, which can be predicted from the map. I just learned that Piety can kill my build if/when it gets stuck, which happens on occasion. (I happened to be watching it try to clear the end of a Malformation map)

That's why Map ID and time of death would be useful.

I do agree that knowing what mods killed the player would be very useful as well, but that would require a lot of work. I try to keep my feature requests simple and incremental. 

Edited by Zionic

Yes, I was in fact referring to the boss specifically, which can be predicted from the map. I just learned that Piety can kill my build if/when it gets stuck, which happens on occasion. (I happened to be watching it try to clear the end of a Malformation map)

So wouldn't just knowing what map bosses would give issues and ignoring those maps altogether be far easier and faster solution that getting some reporting into what single map you died on?  You can pretty much look at the maprunner ipd and it tells you what maps are difficult.

Look at this wiki page, it ranks map bosses for you -

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map#Maps_by_Level

I understand what you might be wanting in additional reporting, but I think it needs to be either way more detailed or not a feature at all.

So wouldn't just knowing what map bosses would give issues and ignoring those maps altogether be far easier and faster solution that getting some reporting into what single map you died on?  You can pretty much look at the maprunner ipd and it tells you what maps are difficult.

Look at this wiki page, it ranks map bosses for you -

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map#Maps_by_Level

I understand what you might be wanting in additional reporting, but I think it needs to be either way more detailed or not a feature at all.

Way more info would be great ofc, but also more work and time. A 1-5 general difficulty number doesn't help much because it's largely build dependent.

For instance a CI build would have nothing to fear from a chaos dmg boss, whereas other builds would.

As it is now I wake up to see that my character died 2 or 3 times while I was asleep having absolutely zero idea what caused it, and no way to find out. That's frustrating. Why not give us some kind of trail...like knowing 4/5 deaths are on the same map, for a particular build? Maybe there's a better way to solve this, I don't know.

I can't improve my survivability unless I know what's killing me though, and the bot doesn't record that information.

i believe this will be relay useful, i would relay like a death log, i went away from computer with 0 deaths, came back 30 min later and had 7 deaths, what how, when , any log and info on deaths from simple map name to more detailed info will be relay helpful (i'm runing normal maps no mods, and i skip arenas, and i have him chicken on all boss names) 

instead of me guessing what maps are bad for my build, better have a log and see on map x died 6 times ...