Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
PoEr

Botting guidelines

1) Never use your main account to bot. You will be caught, banned, and lose all your items. You will also lose all the stash tabs and visual effects you purchased for real money.

2) Keep botting to a reasonable amount. Don't run the bot 24x7 - we are humans and we need sleep, GGG knows that. Only bots don't need sleep - GGG also knows that.

3) Consider running the bot from a different IP address from your main. This is to bypass the IP ban if you're caught.

4) If you want to run any third-party add-on scripts that are not provided by the development team, please read their code first and make sure they look reasonably safe to use. Personally, I never used an exe file provided by anyone except the Exile Bot team and Shrek_III. Also, all the tools I've released so far give their source code, and I will never provide an exe.

5) Never gear your bot with costly items. Your Kaom's Heart and Shavronne's Wrappings will be gone the moment you're banned. It's a bot, it's supposed to find items for you; not consume your items. Okay?

6) With each version of the bot, use the GUI to make new configuration files each time. Dont' carry over old config files to new version, you'll break the bot. Don't be that lazy.

7) I've seen people trading through this website. I personally am against it because by doing this, you are revealing your in-game identity to the other person. Be careful if you choose to do so.

8) After reading the above seven points, if you feel you've made mistakes, it's time to correct them. Do it now.

Guest seanpf11

^ if you fear being banned outside of playing it smart theres plenty of tutorials on here about running your bot through a virtual machine(VM)....though because the bot is passive and doesnt inject DLLS outside of botting 24/7 in the same zone, people on your friends list seeing you log in and out and you giving out your character info the chances of being banned are quite slim

^ if you fear being banned outside of playing it smart theres plenty of tutorials on here about running your bot through a virtual machine(VM)....though because the bot is passive and doesnt inject DLLS outside of botting 24/7 in the same zone, people on your friends list seeing you log in and out and you giving out your character info the chances of being banned are quite slim

Only reason why I'm asking is because I don't want to get IP banned. I currently run 2 bots in VMs and would never use my main account anyways. If one of these bots gets me IP banned, im screwed :lol:

I recommend getting OPEN vpn and using VPNUNlimited as a server. Google VPn UNlimited and the rest is self explanatory. YOu need to download both the client and the server config files, place them in the config fire up the GUI and putt in your the user name and password highlighted on the site.

Can be a bit annoying depending which server you use (Long not going to both explaining list of headaches) However VPNunlimited seems to be stable and fairly noob friendly (Yes i am a relative noob on vpn too)

I recommend getting OPEN vpn and using VPNUNlimited as a server. Google VPn UNlimited and the rest is self explanatory. YOu need to download both the client and the server config files, place them in the config fire up the GUI and putt in your the user name and password highlighted on the site.

Can be a bit annoying depending which server you use (Long not going to both explaining list of headaches) However VPNunlimited seems to be stable and fairly noob friendly (Yes i am a relative noob on vpn too)

Awesome thanks. Having one problem now though :P Confirmed that my IP was changed and my browser works perfectly fine but PoE will not launch. It just says "unable to connect to patching server" every time even though I'm still connected to the internet.

As stated before, using public vpn/proxies is pointless. Companies often have a "blacklist" with a ton of ip addresses on them. All they have to do is load it up and check accounts using those. Plus, changing your ip address does not change your mac (unless you are doing something about it).

Good lecture

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 28(v=ws.10).aspx#w2k3tr_tcpip_how_ipyx

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MA ... s_Spoofing

That said, it is yours to believe what i wrote or not, one thing is sure, you can't argue with how a TCP/IP connection is working, and what matter is the mac address not the ip.

when it said botting guidelines, i was cheering, i was looking for a setup guide, or something of the sort. i need to set the correct settings for the bot to work for my ranged character.

any help, or direction is much appreciated.

Sign in to follow this