Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Spaceguy911

Unofficial Bug Thread for: Progression Feature

Indeed, last two weeks I focused on bot stability and bug fixes.

I'll continue to work on progression asap, but I prefer to eliminate the bugs before  :)

A topic relating all the major bugs from progression would help me a lot tho.

[source https://exiled-bot.net/community/index.php/topic/5802-052d-progression-issue/ ]  I bolded + underlined.

Sup guys.  Okay, per Alk's request, I think it is wise that we have one central location for us to report any feedback (positive or negative), and bugs in particular.  

Personally, I am running my first trials with the progression bot now.  I started researching existing bugs on this forum (didn't find many posted), and came across the above quote from Alk.  I feel that if Exiled-Bot can successfully incorporate a Progression feature, this will truly be an "all in one" bot.

As mentioned, I am running the Progression for the first time tonight.  I will continue to post my feedback/thoughts/bugs/concerns/suggestions/ideas/etc., and I strongly encourage you to do the same.  Alk has a history of listening to his customer base, so have at it.

Edited by Spaceguy911

Okay, so I'll start here.  I am running a true progression from a brand new char.  I will add to this list as I continue using the Progression Feature.

I am keeping a log of everything I notice as I watch this bot for a brief period of time.  Most things are minor changes or suggestions.  If I notice anything of immediate importance I will highlight red, and feature suggestions I think are valuable will be highlighted green.

"Strikethrough" text is either fixed/added/or inaccurate feedback on my part.

Added as of 10-01-2015:

• Bot does not pick up the starting weapon.  Bot does not kill the first monster to pick up the gem.  Bot does not socket the first gem (I don't think this is too important, as manually killing Hillock doesn't require much effort)  
  • It would be cool if the bot would go to Tidal Island to collect a QS Flask and equip it.  Again, this is a long-term priority, and is not crucial to the progression feature.
  • Bot does not automatically allocate skill points.  Users could path out their tree on the poe.com/passivetree and upload that into the bot's exe somehow?
  • During Mud Flats quest, my bot clicked Fetid Pool (not sure if that was a misclick or intended but he did zone into the Fetid Pool).  The bot recognized he was in the wrong zone, and went back to the Mud Flats.  The problem here, is that he created a new zone.  Not a big deal.
  • Upon questing in the Mud Flats, my bot chickened due to low HP.  He relogged, joining the Town.  He went to The Coast, and proceeded to look for Mud Flats.  Instead of going towards the Mud Flats, he went towards the Town's direction, clearing the entire Coast again.  
  • Bot does not pickup Flasks.  The bot should pick up and replace flasks if a better one falls.   In the .exe's "Flask" tab, the player may need to identify which Flask is what (e.g. "health", "mana", "utility".  Utility flasks of course will not be replaced, but could be equipped if dropped) - Alk would of course need to add this to the .exe, it doesn't currently exist.
  • For safer progression, a feature should be added to "progress when player is X levels above next zone".  This feature would allow the player to farm a previous/current zone before going to the next one underleveled.  This will ensure the bot does not move too quickly, and begin entering zones that are at or close to it's level.  It's okay to be ~6 levels behind your zone.  It will be more efficient in the long-run, especially on Cruel and Merci difficulties.

Added as of 10-02-2015:

• If the bot chickens a zone enough times so that the Instance list is full (when trying to reenter that zone), the bot will not click the "down arrow" to get to the "New" instance option

Added as of 10-04-2015:

• Upon entering the second instance of Upper Prison (the winding zone which leads to Brutus), the bot tries going North (which is the corner of the room), and will eventually chicken due to idle time.  This is an important one.
  • Bot will not enter Merveil's Lair from Cavern of Anger.
  • Bot will stop attacking Merveil under certain conditions when she teleports too far away from the bot (from one side of the room to the other -- I have only witnessed this in Phase 1 so far)
  • Bot quits on immediate kill of Merveil (not registering that Southern Forest waypoint is attained).
Edited by Spaceguy911

I've been using the progression feature - I think it's great. But often I find I have to place the bot in the zone where progression ought to start. I wonder if a methodology purely based on "found" waypoints would not be more functional - I've seen it testing against quests but those could change in the future. 

It doesn't take on Brutus nor Merviel at this point but will find get you "to" those points. 

To be honest I have not found the progression bot that much use. Especially for act 2 as for example crossroads it only goes one direction and misses the other objectives. Now I know the progression is only set up for act one but thought I should let you know. Also often the bot won't activate shrines.

Great work though!

It would be more use for the bot to follow objectives rather than just explore. This way if the player really needs to go to the other unexplored places they can do so themselves.

Sorry guys, one last question if say I want the bot to proceed to the caverns how do you ask the bot to do that or is it just when the bot gets round to exploring that area.