Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
chnazik

how to set up bot using Hyper-V Virtual machine?

hello guys. can anyone please help me or give me a link to a guide to set up bot using Hyper V? 

i am using windows 8.1 Pro. i have installed POE in the Hyper V, but obviously it didnt work because it didnt detect graphics card. i read we can use virtual hard disk to play the game. but i cannot find any guide for this. Can any one help me set the bot up on Hyper V? much appreciated.

Thank you

hello guys. can anyone please help me or give me a link to a guide to set up bot using Hyper V?

i am using windows 8.1 Pro. i have installed POE in the Hyper V, but obviously it didnt work because it didnt detect graphics card. i read we can use virtual hard disk to play the game. but i cannot find any guide for this. Can any one help me set the bot up on Hyper V? much appreciated.

Thank you

This might be not possible. Why don't you just use VMWare?

This was the only useful information i could find, many many mnay people failed trying exacly the same.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2011/01/17/using-hyper-v-for-a-high-end-desktop-computer.aspx

a video 

I have never tried Hyper V, cant really help you.

Good luck

cnKL33n.png

Edited by masterpulha

Hyper-V does not have a dedicated videocard. Instead, it allocates 4mb of RAM as "Video card" for the server to run. (which also explains the max resolution of 1184x852 at 32bit depth).

You should try Virtual Machine from Oracle (it's free for 32bit machines), they have more support for video adapters.

thank you for all the replies guys...im going to give VM ware a try, although mines 64 bit...got to find a free way to do this.

Sorry, let me be more precise:  The operating system of the virtual machine can only be 32bit, the host can be 64bit. But since POE is also only 32bit, that shouldn't be an issue.

Sign in to follow this