Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store

[1.0]:

Work in progress

Instructions:

1. Open path.txt

2. Input the path of the exiledbot.exe folder's exe.

For example:
D:\Server\Exiled_Bot_Beta_v0.22e\Exiled_Bot_Beta_v0.22e

Elite status is not required. My new location login fix is changed for this aswell.

Procedure:

1. Checks for the Exiled Bot process every 5 seconds.

2. If it's not running, it opens the bot 

3. It waits for the window with a title of "Exiled Bot" starting in it

4. It sends the command to start the bot for the window with a title of "Exiled Bot" starting in it.

Please be sure to rep me or donate if you like my work.

EDIT:

Needs a fix. Detection isn't right. New method found. Headache. Fixing later.

Edited by Deityslayer
  • Upvote 2

Needs a fix. Detection isn't right. New method found. Headache. Fixing later.

Yea, crash detection is the pita part of this whole idea. Process will still exist when EB is hung. Blacksun's didn't do it very well either.

I wonder if monitoring mem usage of the bot's process would work. If it doesnt change over a period of time, kill process and restart. There has to be a creative, fail safe solution.

Maybe there is some setting in windows or a program out there, that will handle killing hung apps. *shrug*

Yea sry about that I will make a guide on that when I get home tonight, but to rep someone, there should be a little green arrow at the bottom right hand corner of their post just click that and they will get a positive rep

Edited by aeiz
  • Upvote 1

Yea, crash detection is the pita part of this whole idea. Process will still exist when EB is hung. Blacksun's didn't do it very well either.

I wonder if monitoring mem usage of the bot's process would work. If it doesnt change over a period of time, kill process and restart. There has to be a creative, fail safe solution.

Maybe there is some setting in windows or a program out there, that will handle killing hung apps. *shrug*

I figured it out, it's just not in my self interest to complete this at the moment. Google searches say that looking for a title of (Not Responding) should work. 

reading if the bot is currently !truly! running is really a bit of a pain in the ass. But there actually is a pretty stable method to determine if its running as intended! Be sure to watch out this forum in the next few days ^^

If you look at the interface on the right you will see a field which displays the bots current status (not started, stopped, paused, running, "seems buggy")

This video isnt exactly about the bots status but you'll get the idea...

reading if the bot is currently !truly! running is really a bit of a pain in the ass. But there actually is a pretty stable method to determine if its running as intended! Be sure to watch out this forum in the next few days ^^

If you look at the interface on the right you will see a field which displays the bots current status (not started, stopped, paused, running, "seems buggy")

This video isnt exactly about the bots status but you'll get the idea...

ur email is in the video :P

Edited by Deityslayer