Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
TadaceAce

Shift key stuck down (virtual position), can't pickup anything and chat command failure

I've officially had two major issues with this. As stated in the subject, the shift key is stuck in the down (virtual) position. This means:

1. Can't loot items with shift held, bot gets hung trying to pickup an item.

2. Chat commands don't work. "/hideout" becomes "?HIDEOUT" which spams global.

I've taken special precautions against 2 by joining an empty global channel before leaving my bot unattended.

I would think this is something to do with my machine and not the bot but I can't find anything. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this or has any suggestions where to look?

Do you have any settings set to hold down shift when moving or with skill?  Are you also using multiscript?

I had similar problems where I blasted global and got a warning from GGG, I now just make sure nothing is set with shift.  

EB - Make sure "Use shift" is not checked

Multiscript - Make sure "Auto Hold in Place When Attacking" is not checked.

I also remove the hotkey F10 (Send last chat message to trade channels 1-10) for good measure.

You can also go into config file and change hideout_access_method=2 instead on 1

I hadn't thought about multiscript but I don't have the shift when attacking checked.

I thought I'd checked all the skills but I missed one. I had hold shift configured for lightning warp. Testing now if that was the issue but logically I'm guessing it was. I'd imagine there is a moment of disconnect when using lightning warp and the game misses the shift return.

In my case, I thought it might be the interaction between the 2 programs, where one of the presses shift while the other performs an action.

You just mentioned lightning warp, would you mind sharing your skill setup for it? I couldn't really get it to work for me as a primary movement skill.

I've officially had two major issues with this. As stated in the subject, the shift key is stuck in the down (virtual) position. This means:

1. Can't loot items with shift held, bot gets hung trying to pickup an item.

2. Chat commands don't work. "/hideout" becomes "?HIDEOUT" which spams global.

I've taken special precautions against 2 by joining an empty global channel before leaving my bot unattended.

I would think this is something to do with my machine and not the bot but I can't find anything. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this or has any suggestions where to look?

You need to "grab" your mouse and keyboard when you enter your VM. Go to edit>preferences.

Make sure your options looks like this :

http://puu.sh/cCwNn.png

To release once grabbed, press ctrl+alt.

Make sure dxtory isn't binding shift to anything, aswell.

Edited by Deityslayer

Sign in to follow this