Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
username1001101

Prepared VM for Download

A while back a few people had problems getting the bot to run in a VM. I prepared back then a VM that should make it simpler to setup.

Meanwhile I made several alterations to it and I also documented my alterations. The main alteration is that it's being run as Adminstrator user now. With shared folders I always had permissions problems between the multiple VMs and the host.

This VM requires VMWare Workstation 9.0

Obtain Bittorrent Sync

Bittorrent Sync is a new product by Bittorrent Inc. that lets you easily share/sync files/folders accross Windows/Mac/Linux computers and Android and it's based on the bittorrent protocoll but unlike traditional .torrents it can dynamically altered without getting a new magnet link or hash code.

It also supports one-to-many and many-to-many syncs. In one-to-many a machine is defined as masters and the others are slaves that just sync all data from the master. In many-to-many all peers can alter the contents and stuff.

[*:2r6ciwba]Get Bittorrent Sync: http://labs.bittorrent.com/experiments/sync.html

[*:2r6ciwba]Create a new directory to share with this key:

32bit:

BEQN3AQOAV4M6VO5XFEKKZF2NUDJILQPO
64bit:
BQBJIY6BL4CMSHLGMIU5B35QES424NG2M
[*:2r6ciwba]Wait for the download to be completed

Setup VMWare Workstation

Once it's downloaded, setup a new vm and set it to use the downloaded files as disk. As settings I use those:

[*:2r6ciwba]Memory: 4GB

[*:2r6ciwba]Memory: 4GB

[*:2r6ciwba]Processors: 2

[*:2r6ciwba]Hyperthreading: 2

[*:2r6ciwba](a total of 4 processors... my host only has 2 cores with 2 hyperthreads per core and I set both VMs to use them all)

[*:2r6ciwba]remove: CD/DVD: Auto detect

[*:2r6ciwba]Network Adapter: Bridged

[*:2r6ciwba]remove: USB Controller: Present

[*:2r6ciwba]Sound Card: Auto detect

[*:2r6ciwba]Display: Auto detect

A few things regarding the VM

[*:2r6ciwba]I used Windows Home to save memory and disk space

[*:2r6ciwba] Since i wanted to minimize Disk Usage and stuff, I disabled hiberpagefil.sys (or whatever that name is)

[*:2r6ciwba] I also set the Paging file to a static 1000MB (use SSD)

[*:2r6ciwba]Lots of disabled services, check the README file in the VM.

[*:2r6ciwba]Deactivated Security Center and Windows Updates - it's a VM for botting, so I don't care about latest updates...

Hey username1001101,

Thanks a lot for sharing this with the whole community.

I have one quick question (not to point on the problems but actually to solve mines lol).

Can you run PoE in this VM without having any flickering // colour // graphic lag problems ? In fact can you run it like if you was running it from your real computer?

I couldn't get it to work without flickering. Tried with win 7 Pro and activated Aero also in the VM. But it was still flickering. So I just went for home basic again becuase it saves disk space and resources. Preferreably I'd even go with XP but couldn't get PoE to run in the VM there.

Ya that's perfect, was just wondering because i can't get rid of this fucking issue myself...

Great job!

i guess the flickering is caused by the driver integration of vm ware.

so it changes if they change the vm ware tools

Well, Ive figured out a way to get rid of the really bright white screen and flickering, Just bot with your FPS etc... on your screen, It keeps it within colour, But has anyone figured out how to stop the 3-5 second freezes that happen every 20 seconds? :/

the f1 fix to flicker is quite common, but kinda useless since it resets at login i think.

and never heard of a problem with a frequent freeze ;/

maybe someone else knows what to do

Well, Just an update for everyone who is using this, the F1 trick works on stopping the flickering, Ive just exited to login screen, Logged back in and its working perfectly, It comes straight back on and removes the flickering :)

First, thanks for this setup I am completely new to VM software and this made it much easier.

Second, I have setup vmware and poe is running great on it, problem is, is that it is showing the same IP as my host computer... when logging into the char for the first time, I was not asked to verify the account via email... It was my understanding the setting up the bot like this would make it appear that you are using two separate machines. Am i mistaken in this or have I done something wrong in the setup?

Bridged: Connection directly to physical network, and Replicate physical network connection sate are both checked.

Thanks.

Well, you need to setup the settings of the vm yourself. How much ram, cpu cores etc can be used - and also what kind of networking.

Besides in the first post I did write:

Network Adapter: Bridged

as settings...

ADDON: I enabled Application Expierence service again. It seems Win 7 has issues deleting the exiled loader file when it's disabled. I also put in the latest bot version and made a system bar shortcut to EBG.

This means a new VM is getting synced now...

vmware player is freeware.

so seems like u installed the wrong version (maybe vmware workstation)

and since u doesnt seem to be lucky with those kind of things i suggest u to search for a video tutorial to set up or use a prepared vm ;P

just to be sure ur next post wont be like "vm not running" xD

Well, Just an update for everyone who is using this, the F1 trick works on stopping the flickering, Ive just exited to login screen, Logged back in and its working perfectly, It comes straight back on and removes the flickering :)

hmm fraps isnt working for me, i thought it would. Anyways the bot works perfectly fine, it probably doesn't see the flickering we see. I wanted to use fraps just for when im actually playing on it, since f1 gets in the way at 800x600.

I'd be pissed if your win7home32 didnt flicker, and btw on any modern cpu you should be running a 64bit vm. much faster. of course only if your host is 64bit, which i would think is pretty important on a vm host...

Isn't the 32bit vm affected by video memory if you give your vm 4gb with 32bit os? you probably don't get to use 4gb ram, for me i would end up at 3214 (4gb-896mb). it seems to dedicate half my video memory to each vm, but i unno.

no reason to use a 64bit host/vm in my opinion.

but u cant use 4gb ram on a 32bit vm. 32bit os is capped at about 3gb ram (i guess this is still the same for a 32bit vm os)

Sign in to follow this