Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
roneo1234

Exiled bot 0.20e feedback thread (includes bugs) please read

We've been testing internally for some time a bit of altered functionality with maps (with the hopes of improving overall performance and clear times and to give the user more customization on how the bot handles map clearing)

So far the bot seems to be following what it's supposed to do for the most part, however sometimes it hangs.

Our goal was meant to make it so the bot will only clear the % of the map specified by the user, much like it is for the normal areas, in  order to alleviate long times of bot running around when the map is mostly cleared and there's nothing really to kill, not to mention logouts due to idle/back and forth or max run time being reached.

I'm sure this has happened to all of you who have been doing mapping in the previous versions.

In most situations the bot will explore that percentage specified by the user, but sometimes it will enter a "boss area" the kind where there's a door, and it will kill the boss and get stuck there, because after it kills the boss, it still has more to explore in the map and it doesn't know how to get out of the boss area, or sometimes it will explore the map, having found the boss door and then not knowing how to take the transition to the boss.

I would like to emphasize these issues on the cemetery map and dungeon map, test them thoroughly and report back with your findings.

I suggest for the start that you start with an explore value of 90% on maps, this should make you see if the bot is truly exploring 90% of the map and then ending the run (note that the bot SHOULD STILL KILL the boss even though 90% of explore has been reached, and it should keep on going until boss is found, if the boss is dead and 90% explore has been reached,  the run can be ended)

Note that in your lastrun.log file a parameter has been added that shows current explore % in maps. This will make it much easier for you to see what explore % the bot is currently at and if things are going as they should or not. Just open the file and check it, especially when the bot ends a run, you can open this file even while the bot is running, but you won't see updates, just the information at the time you opened the file, so I advise perhaps pausing the bot while checking the file and then resuming.

Please start the testing with the option "explore whole level before taking transition" disabled, since basically all this stuff is about doing exactly that, exploring a % we set, with the condition of boss being killed.

It's very important to be accurate when you report a bug here regarding the new map exploration system, that you paste the last part of the lastrun.log along with the exploration % and detailing the issue as best as you can.

So far, known issues exist with cemetery and dungeon map, and vaal pyramid map is not really supported due to awful pathing and multiple levels, which will be handled later ( just ignore this map for now and make your life and ours easier)

Thanks, happy testing and report all bugs you encounter, ESPECIALLY regarding maps. There are a lot of people in this community, and the only way we can make this bot better, is not just by the devs working at it, but everyone testing it and offering as much CONSTRUCTIVE input as they can.

Many things will follow in the future for exiled bot, features that I'm sure everyone is eager to test and use so keep supporting and keep testing. The fact that an issue you reported hasn't been fixed yet, is not to say it won't get fixed, but there is a priority list, and there's just so many resources and time that can be allocated.

This is a work in progress and we hope to offer the best mapping features a POE bot could offer =).

Edited by roneo1234

When I try to start my auras it logs off.  Running LL ST 

You have it set to chicken and you didnt reupdate your settings on it. 90% sure that the error is you.

Bot uses enduring cry very rarely, even with 0-100 cooldown, highest priority, and reducing main skill raius to 50

Edited by shogo

This is good effort.

However I don't really feel like bothering if there is no known issues list for the current patch. I feel like reporting the same stuff over and over without even a reply from the devs which makes it seem completely useless.

This is good effort.

However I don't really feel like bothering if there is no known issues list for the current patch. I feel like reporting the same stuff over and over without even a reply from the devs which makes it seem completely useless.

Usually when I don't answer to a bug report or a feature request it's because I'm already aware of it and it has been reported multiple times. But it doesn't mean that I don't read all the topics.

As I said on the shoutbox yesterday I'm not home atm and I had to update the bot with some unfinished work that I wouldn't release in the current state normally. So this topic will help me to fix the bugs faster.

Btw If you have any suggestion or there is any topic that you'd like to discuss with me, feel free to send me your skype username in PM.

Usually when I don't answer to a bug report or a feature request it's because I'm already aware of it and it has been reported multiple times. But it doesn't mean that I don't read all the topics.

As I said on the shoutbox yesterday I'm not home atm and I had to update the bot with some unfinished work that I wouldn't release in the current state normally. So this topic will help me to fix the bugs faster.

Btw If you have any suggestion or there is any topic that you'd like to discuss with me, feel free to send me your skype username in PM.

Its totally understandable that you don't need to asnwer every repeated bug report, hence my suggestion of an current patch known issues list - to save yours and our time :) That would make it clear for us what you already know and (plan to) work on and we would post less repetitive bug reports (that you woouldn't have to spend time checking).

I appreciate you offering to talk in skype, Ill keep that in mind :)

worst bot ver. ever - imho

To many bugs 

and as cherry on the Pie - is brand new Bot option *Explore whole level before taking transition* looks like this option were added as Map Eater =\  dont know why but u did it - thx 

Edited by metaxer

worst bot ver. ever - imho

To many bugs 

and as cherry on the Pie - is brand new Bot option *Explore whole level before taking transition* looks like this option were added as Map Eater =\  dont know why but u did it - thx 

The option is intended to make the bot explore every single level in multiple level maps before taking transition to the next level, otherwise it will take transition as soon as it finds it, and I told you guys to test with the option off to begin with, and don't focus on multi level maps, they make up a very small portion of the map pool so just ignore those, which is like pyramid map in the lower level maps.

So far from my testing I havent had issues with this version at least no other than other versions except for some maps, where bot doesn't know how to access the boss area, or it does, kills the boss and then tries to explore the map more to the % I specified but doesn't know how to get out of boss place to do that.

Map exploration features are still a work in progress and if you don't want to test them just set the explore to 100% and it will work just like in previous builds.

The problem with 100% map exploration is that it's a HUGE time sync which leads to idle time reached many times in big maps, or max run time or back and forth and so on, so for example a 90% explore done in 5 min is better than a 100% explore in 10 min with 5 relogs as well, that is the point.

Edited by roneo1234

Crashes, crashes, crashes, and more crashes.

It's not very often, but it happens too much. Maybe once every 15 - 20 hours or so. It's very random, and I don't know what's causing it. I only farm Library, been farming it for a few months 24/7.. or at least until it crashes while I'm sleeping and wake up realizing that it crashes 2 hours after I went to bed. Pretty annoying.

It's not very often, but it happens too much. Maybe once every 15 - 20 hours or so. It's very random, and I don't know what's causing it. I only farm Library, been farming it for a few months 24/7.. or at least until it crashes while I'm sleeping and wake up realizing that it crashes 2 hours after I went to bed. Pretty annoying.

It looks for me that it is a game problem, not a bot one. At least on my side - game app crushes, bot app keeps running. However, not sure what causes it.

doing maps run set to 100% but somehow it is not clearing 100% and bot does not kill the boss.

Explore whole level before transition is ticked as well as single level exploration 100%

By checking the logs the culprit might be:

2014-08-10 16:20:57 [info] -> Didn't set some nodes outside of the map to explored, to avoid crashes.

2014-08-10 16:33:31 [info] -> Exploration : 99.933433
2014-08-10 16:33:31 [info] -> Moving to position(1831.521729, 6690.217285). State Priority: 11
2014-08-10 16:33:31 [info] -> Moving to position(1831.521729, 6690.217285). State Priority: 11
2014-08-10 16:33:31 [info] -> Opening chest with mouse left
2014-08-10 16:33:32 [info] -> Picking item
2014-08-10 16:33:32 [info] -> Exploration : 99.933433
2014-08-10 16:33:32 [info] -> Idling...
2014-08-10 16:33:33 [info] -> BFS failed, bot can't explore area anymore, going back to town..

doing maps run set to 100% but somehow it is not clearing 100% and bot does not kill the boss.

Explore whole level before transition is ticked as well as single level exploration 100%

By checking the logs the culprit might be:

2014-08-10 16:20:57 [info] -> Didn't set some nodes outside of the map to explored, to avoid crashes.

2014-08-10 16:33:32 [info] -> Idling...

2014-08-10 16:33:33 [info] -> BFS failed, bot can't explore area anymore, going back to town..

what map was this?

not sure which map but normally its 67-68 maps :) not sure if same behavior for others. but yup bot thinks that it explored 100% which tp out but does not fully clear.

Please can you send me the timer.log file just after a crash ? it will help me to know where it comes from.

not sure which map but normally its 67-68 maps :) not sure if same behavior for others. but yup bot thinks that it explored 100% which tp out but does not fully clear.

found the culprit, i mistakenly changed the value of :

; Set distance explored while character is running around the map

exploration_distance=100

:)

there is a "glitch" when farming Corrupted and Corrupted areas using the sacrifice parts as map.
the Instances stay up for 30 min after leavin, and in that time the bot can do a lot of instances, so after a short while it needs to scroll the list to get to the "NEW" button for 

the Lab. thats the Problem : bot doesnt scroll. .

My report of bugs (some of them are existing or already reports):

My Map Config : 100% explore, Check the two options boxes in map settings.

1)back and forth in indoor maps

2)when bot has finished map it doesn't go to boss lair ( jungle valley, torture chamber, labyrinth, etc)  It happens 2/3 times.

3)sometimes bot decide to go out from map by using portal with remaining monsters in map and take back a portal until the 6 portal in lab have been used

4)After chicken it doesn't go back to map sometimes but choose a new map in stash.

In fact all major issues are in indoor maps (back and forth, Boss forgetting), mini maps with boss lair or "labyrinthic" maps.

For outdoor maps with boss in the same area, bot is working very well....

Edited by fantominus

there is a "glitch" when farming Corrupted and Corrupted areas using the sacrifice parts as map.
the Instances stay up for 30 min after leavin, and in that time the bot can do a lot of instances, so after a short while it needs to scroll the list to get to the "NEW" button for 

the Lab. thats the Problem : bot doesnt scroll. .

Ok, I'll see what can be done.

My report of bugs (some of them are existing or already reports):

My Map Config : 100% explore, Check the two options boxes in map settings.

1)back and forth in indoor maps

2)when bot has finished map it doesn't go to boss lair ( jungle valley, torture chamber, labyrinth, etc)  It happens 2/3 times.

3)sometimes bot decide to go out from map by using portal with remaining monsters in map and take back a portal until the 6 portal in lab have been used

4)After chicken it doesn't go back to map sometimes but choose a new map in stash.

In fact all major issues are in indoor maps (back and forth, Boss forgetting), mini maps with boss lair or "labyrinthic" maps.

For outdoor maps with boss in the same area, bot is working very well....

Thanks dude !

its a stup issue. have you clicked save?

Yep, even rerun bot (actually always do that - can't remember, but bot doesn't reload some options on F11), checked config.ini before running - there was a correct profile name.

you running it as admin? maybe a bug, have not tested it to be the map profiles.

yes I am, also may note that pickit profiles works perfectly - I can switch them without any problems :)

Sign in to follow this