Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
twinkle

Where can I get bot source code?

Hi, I'm new to the world of bots although I'm not new to programming.

I'd like to read the source code of a successful bot (or two!) so that I can understand how it works and how to code them.

Can anybody help me?  Is the source to Exiled Bot available?

Cheers!

lol no offense meant here dude, really, as I obviously don't know you and your skills, but if someone can't think where to start on something as complex as this then they've got a hell of a lot of learning head of them :?

As a pointer though three core things I think you'll need to research; reverse engineering, reading and understanding another running program's memory and path-finding; you need to detect and understand the world you're in and be able to navigate around it. After that you obviously need a lot of decision routines to deal with the things you find in that world and the effects it has on you. And then decide how you want to tell the game to do things about what if finds/things that happen, either by controlling user input as this bot does, or injection as others do. Alk's a fckn whizzkid when you think about how involved all this is.

As I say tho no offense meant and good luck man, look forward to maybe trying your results out one day :)

I'm qualified in programming and I've written commercial code before (Java and C/C++), so I can use an IDE and debugger etc, but I'm new to the world of bots and PoE. I can use other languages too, like lua.

Botting looks quite interesting though, so I'd like to experiment with creating profiles and bots from scratch. I'd usually start by examining existing bots and profiles, so if anyone could point me in the right direction for source materials to research then I'd appreciate it, thanks.

I'm qualified in programming and I've written commercial code before (Java and C/C++), so I can use an IDE and debugger etc, but I'm new to the world of bots and PoE. I can use other languages too, like lua.

Botting looks quite interesting though, so I'd like to experiment with creating profiles and bots from scratch. I'd usually start by examining existing bots and profiles, so if anyone could point me in the right direction for source materials to research then I'd appreciate it, thanks.

You are hired by GGG to spy for them to destroy us! You will never bring us down, never! You hear me!? :P

You are hired by GGG to spy for them to destroy us! You will never bring us down, never! You hear me!? :P

Oh no, my cover has been blown!  Truly, you guys are far too clever by far!  :P

Just a beginner to botting and these kind of games, looking to get on a fast learning curve.

After all, there's plenty of open source and code sharing in the commercial world to improve code for everyone to use, so why not here?

sure

• get free code, modify and sell it, 
  • get free code, see how auth work, and break it.
  • etc...

Now i'm sure you are not trolling ... 

Edited by drmaboul

Google 'open source' and see what results you get back.

Open source or collaborative programming is very common in the commercial programming world, although the benefits of it may not have filtered through to the gaming community.

However, I've been given some pointers to creating bot profiles first, then moving onto bots themselves when I've mastered those, so that's probably a good way forward for me, along with the excellent advice given by bonebox. 8-)

Open source and commercial tend to be mutually exclusive other than maybe the linux world. I wasn't so much giving advice as a reality check, from the things you're saying sounds like you have years of work ahead of you. But you could be a whizzkid too so go for it!

Think about what this program is doing though, replace the memory reading with sensor input and the game interaction with motor control and you've got yourself a full fledged robot control system. The fact that it's in a virtual world rather than the real is almost irrelevant. You're in the fckn matrix now man, hence my avatar the ultimate bot ;)

Ok, guys. I'm here to fix misunderstandings!

twinkle, ExiledBot is not opensource bot. Because so decided developers.

There are some benefits and some disadvantages in opensource projects.

Maybe if you write here what benefits will community and developers get from code being open - devs will change their mind. Maybe.

Other guys, if you know any opensource bots for PoE or other mmorpgs - give our new member a link. It might help him to become new bot developer.

Edited by kokosoida

If you want to show your worth, and maybe get on the good side with the developers, start by NOT asking for the source code of a non-open source project.

After completing step 1, try programming something that would benefit the bot, or the community, release it for use.

Basically, i'm sure that Alk wouldn't mind a helping hand, but you'd need to show what you can do, and this is before getting any source code whatsoever.

Look through the bot, find stuff that could be improved, then code it in C++ as an MFC Application, and upload source code, and PM Alk about it.

If he likes it, he may add you on Skype, and you can discuss further :)

Thank you for the advice guys, it is much appreciated.

Yes, I have arrived fresh from the linux world of open source code, but it seems that I have an awful lot to research and learn beofre I can become a useful contributor! :)

I'll have a think on the pros and cons of open source in bot development, as there seem to be some unusual factors which I hadn't considered as I hadn't encountered them before.

Watch this space, and hopefully I can post more intelligent and relevant questions in the future as I get my learning curve up :D

Open source and commercial tend to be mutually exclusive other than maybe the linux world. I wasn't so much giving advice as a reality check, from the things you're saying sounds like you have years of work ahead of you. But you could be a whizzkid too so go for it!

Think about what this program is doing though, replace the memory reading with sensor input and the game interaction with motor control and you've got yourself a full fledged robot control system. The fact that it's in a virtual world rather than the real is almost irrelevant. You're in the fckn matrix now man, hence my avatar the ultimate bot ;)

You know except that the game  has its own level of AI control for the characters, so it's a bot running a bot. Kinda like Agent Smith not NEO.