Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
wolkhack

VMWARE + Nvidia gtx 770 have problem

Hello i have problem. Core I5 3570K + nvidia gtx 770 + 16gb ddr3 + ssd 240gb

then i run 2+ bots in nvidia VM have black screen about 2-30 min, help only ctrl+alt+del,  if i used hdradeon 4000 (integrated in Core I5) all good.

Vmware version - 7< please help if you have resolve this trouble

i would reinstall whole windows and set up from 0.

or you could try to change vmware version7.

your problem seems to me to have something to do with your graphic driver(are all drivers up to date?)

Windows Install to host many times. clean license. Drivers for NVIDIA - download too nvidia com later version. i try vmware workstation 10 - no result and add white graphic in POE.

I've managed to fix this problem by using Vmware 7.1.3 + Msi afterburner Limit FPS to 15-30fps each bot + Install Msi afterburner on Host aswell and use "Force Voltage" on.

Having the bots & Vmware  on a SSD harddrive may also be the solution if that does not help.

Worked on my GTX 580 atleast had no crash/freeze on VM since I did this. (if you change vmware version I also reccomend you reinstall your VM OS)

If you're graphic driver crashes this can be the solution aswell:

Import to registry, backup before use that.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\GraphicsDrivers\DCI]
"Timeout"=dword:00000014
"TdrDdiDelay"=dword:00000014
"TdrDelay"=dword:00000014
"TdrLevel"=dword:000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\GraphicsDrivers]

Thats my research on this matter, had problems very often with black screen + driver crashes. Hope it helps!

Edited by beikenmule

if thats true beiken then perhaps the reason why people have this blackscreen bug is because of dip of performance at times...

however.. forcing voltage means keeping your videocard at 100% all the time, your not letting it idle and this will cause it to wear down the road :(

Yeah force voltage is not a thing you want to use if you plan to bot 24/7 with several bots, can cause heat and wear on the graphic card forgot to mention that. Chances are low it will fry it though ;) Just set ur voltage down before you check the Force voltage box then it wont be at 100%.

This problems seem to occur on Nvidia cards mostly and GTX series in general according to a quick search on google, I had problems my first 1-2 months with the bot especially when trying to run more then 1 bot.

So im pretty sure its true, even the guys over at the buddyforums seem to have figured this out.

go to your Documents/MyGames/PathOfExile Folder and locate your production_Config.ini

"[DISPLAY]
adapter_name=dont write anything else there :)
antialias_mode=8 <- set this to 0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
fullscreen=true <- change to false
post_processing=true <- change to true (setting this to false makes ur game sloppy/laggy by iteself.
resolution_height=1050 <- change to 600
resolution_width=1680 <- change to 800
screen_shake=true <- change to false
shadow_type=variance_mapping <- change to "no_shadows"
texture_filtering=16 <- change to "0"
texture_quality=0 <- change to 10
vsync=true (remember to limit ur fps with a software max 30 fps per bot)

Should cover up how to get rid of performance issues.

Edited by beikenmule
  • Upvote 1

Maybe this helps when u got black screen (Driver crash), but in my case it's not. I got VM absolute freeze, cntrl+alt+del only helps

Running VMware 7, win starter, 30 fps lock, 1024 mb & 1500-3000 paging file, force voltage (MSI Afterburner) and everything what been sugested in threads. Nothing helps, freezes starts when i'm running more than 2 vms with bot.

GTX 570 Twin Frozr III

32 gb ram

i7-2600k

Edited by 7heend

Maybe this helps when u got black screen (Driver crash), but in my case it's not. I got VM absolute freeze, cntrl+alt+del only helps

Running VMware 7, win starter, 30 fps lock, 1024 mb & 1500-3000 paging file, force voltage (MSI Afterburner) and everything what been sugested in threads. Nothing helps, freezes starts when i'm running more than 2 vms with bot.

GTX 570 Twin Frozr III

32 gb ram

i7-2600k

I only had the one with ctrl alt delete (Freeze) and driver crash (Black Screen) wich needs you to Power off VM. 

Is that what your experiencing or does your VM end up Not responding and you have to end the process on Host?

Have you overclocked your CPU/RAM? If so might be worth setting it back to default and have a try.

I only had the one with ctrl alt delete (Freeze) and driver crash (Black Screen) wich needs you to Power off VM. 

Is that what your experiencing or does your VM end up Not responding and you have to end the process on Host?

Have you overclocked your CPU/RAM? If so might be worth setting it back to default and have a try.

I guess i finally figured out, after days of investigating & testing. This is rly Nvidia (as @dasnon said in another thread, thx to him). I downgraded driver to 331.65 seems a little bit more stable, but still crashing like hell.

CPU is overclocked a lot, yes. But problem is nvidia...

Edited by 7heend

You clearly said this is not an driver issue and yet you claim it's better with downgrading/updating the driver if thats the case I'm using 266.58 (8.17.12.6658) Try it.

And also have you tried VMTweaker to set down your graphic card's ram usage inside the VM?

And if this still doesnt help try to set your CPU back to default + RAM and Graphics.

Just saying what I have done to fix this problem It may not work for you but it's worth a try.

My VM froze while I was overclocked no matter what I did so I had to set everything back to default even with my 1050W PSU that should have fed plenty of power to my  underpowered nvidia GTX 580.

I'm pretty sure that the problem with nvidia gfx's is PSU Related and being overclocked while your graphic card is underpowered is not making a stable enough enviroment for VM

At one point in all of this nvidia crap I was not even able to open Mozilla Firefox without that causing my VM to freeze. Now I can watch movies play PoE + use my computer while running 3 bots without a single freeze.

There must be a solution for you to! Dont give up :)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\GraphicsDrivers]

the first part i did fine, this 2nd part doesn't work for me. It says the process is in use and I can't make changes. Please help.

Chances are low it will fry it though ;) Just set ur voltage down before you check the Force voltage box then it wont be at 100%.

How can you set your voltage down if you use force voltage?

Edited by onlinegamer1102

go to your Documents/MyGames/PathOfExile Folder and locate your production_Config.ini

"[DISPLAY]

adapter_name=dont write anything else there :)

antialias_mode=8 <- set this to 0

borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false

fullscreen=true <- change to false

post_processing=true <- change to true (setting this to false makes ur game sloppy/laggy by iteself.

resolution_height=1050 <- change to 600

resolution_width=1680 <- change to 800

screen_shake=true <- change to false

shadow_type=variance_mapping <- change to "no_shadows"

texture_filtering=16 <- change to "0"

texture_quality=0 <- change to 10

vsync=true (remember to limit ur fps with a software max 30 fps per bot)

Should cover up how to get rid of performance issues.

beiken i want to thank you with this post. i tried not only your tips , also all infos i got in this forum and google and now i am able to run 4 without freezin(immo the last 4 hours. i am not sure if its fixed longrun or not but performance stability improved big)

i will test it out and when i got more time(i hope in 2weeks) i will maybe write a guide or something what all settings i change(immo i changed really a lot to windows)

thanks for helping other!

i gotta catch em all haha

Edited by dasnon

Yeah I tried with both 32 and 64bit. When I had the crashes 64bit was most stable. Then I did all this stuff I posted in here and now im running with 32bit windows 7 embedded thin version so not sure if it means anything regarding the freezes

• Upvote 1

Tried to download evga precision and tweaked ur gpu?

Credits to Cerberus for having a solution for this with Virtu MVP Google it get the free trial and check it out.

(Haven't tried it myself yet) Maybe he could jump in here and tell us more about his settings on VirtuMVP im sure all us Nvidia GTX guys would appriciate that :)

Edited by beikenmule

yep ive done everything and it just crashed again

+174 mhz clock 

+425 mhz mem

just installed Virtu MVP onto my vm and now every time i power it on it insta crashes.

Edited by hatshacker

yep ive done everything and it just crashed again

+174 mhz clock 

+425 mhz mem

just installed Virtu MVP onto my vm and now every time i power it on it insta crashes.

i fixed mine. an exact guide i cant give you because i have done so many things that i dontz know what it fixed. so i will write what i can remember:

- switched from 32 bit guest to 64bit

- reduced all possible windows settings on host and guest

- changed in nvdia setting: physx setting to GPU instead of automation or CPU

- using in vms dxtory(i think thats standard, but my fix worked around also with that - beiken stated that he used msi afterburner in guest instead of dxtory)

- using host msi afterburner: constant voltage - created a profile - set the profile to use as 2d and 3d - so my gpu will always use the same settings

- changed nothing in registry

- reseted bios with taking battery out

- zero overclocking

- can now run with i5 3570k , 16gb ram, gtx 660 ti     5 bots stable ( sixed will lead to crash - dont have much time to configure that 6 can run)

- its a bot only PC - stopped using vm and other things at same time - switch to my second PC to work / chat/ youtube / study.....

- constant voltage at msi afterburner have done a lot in stability - but only this wont take the freeeze out

- using vmware 7.13 complete clean install ( i think that having vm10 and installing in vm vm7 is leading to different things - the versions have some difference in itselfs)

- using newest gti driver(i think driver has not much to do with the problem)

- in nvidia settings - setting to maximum performance mode

thats all what i can memory. as stated above i am planning to write an guide, but i havent much time next 2 weeks. i hope you will fix your bugs. also i cant go after writing an guide till i dont fix an anoing EB bug(bot sometimes, a long time, doesnt click on zone.....)

i hope it could help you

Edited by dasnon

thanks, i've done all of these and it still crashes. installing a normal 64bit os to test atm.

anybody know of a good lite 64bit win7?

did you try to fit all ram to virtual machine? i read about that in gamemastes tutorial. this i also had have done

Edited by dasnon

Tried everything for months, always got black screens after some time with more then 2 vms running (gtx 780). The solution for me was to use virtu mvp with virtual vsync enabled. This tool  enables to combine the integrated gpu and your geforce card. Problem is, your board has to support igpu and you have to enable it in bios. Also very driver sensitive. Make sure to use the latest version from virtu. There's a 30 day trial version available.

Black screens over Host or Just inside single VM due to ExiledBot - the problem inside program we use.

Ho? I use this bot for years and ive Never Seen any Black Screen.

Had At least 5 Different PC Setups, all worked fine. 8 Bots run on a 3770 (no k) without any additional gpu. Igpu is eneugh to handle that shit.

I also have gtx770. I had black screens inside VM at first. The problem is in nvidia software. Some tweaks solved this issue, try searching.

The problem is in nvidia software----> The prob is the vm config .....runing max 10 vm`s for days with out probs... <3 Nvidia (gtx670) XD...same on my notebook gtx 980....no probs