Join our Slack

Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
popito

Whats the best IIQ number for good currency farming?

As the title say, Whats the best IIQ number for good currency farming?

And where is the best place to farm currency? Library or Catacombs?

weird question ...

why would a lower iiq be better for currency farming ?

increased item quantity means u will get more items . and that means u want as much as possible without sacrificing to much killspeed

being that drop rates are f'd up in this game, Dela's answer is the best one....

all the info im posting is based off of Standard, playing acts1-3 normal, using the same 2 builds lvling to 30 and starting over with a new char using the same build grinding areas 5-10lvls lower then the Char lvl (LA Ranger & Firestorm/Frost Nova Witch are the 2 builds that used)  this could very well be different for different leagues,builds,difficulties etc, and this isnt me trying to act like i know something, more me sharing my item finding experience

so far what ive seen affect the drop rates more in my favor has honestly been to kill everything as fast as possible, grind in areas where u can 1 shot normal/magic mobs, 2-3shot rare mobs, and no more then 5shots on unique mobs.

played the builds with no iiq no iir no big dps increasing stats/items (basically just base stats that wouldnt impact my damage output) call this my my bench mark for testing) Had low dps , but dropped a decent amount of currency, unique mobs either dropped 3 rares witha few whites, all blue/whites, and maybe 1 out 50 runs get a low lvl unique drop(almost always lowest stat roll)

played the builds with iiq (50iiq)only saw about 15-20%increase in currency drops no noticeable difference on drops from uniques

played the builds with iir(52iir) saw about 5-10% increase in currency, unqiues drop 4-5 rares, or alot of blues with 1 rand rare, and maybe 1out 40 runs get a low lvl unique drop(with a mid stat roll) with 1-2 rares

played the builds as pure dps no iiq/iir and the i almost doubled currency and item drops compared to using the 52 iir

so until GGG fixes the drop rates on rare unique mobs, it seems to be pointless for me to even bother with iiq/iir stats, and just crank out the dps....

for others id simply recomend that u balance ur dps/iir/iiq so ur efficiently killing things,never die,and do lots of runs....

my theory is the less i die, the more i can kill, the more i kill quickly, the more runs per hr i can complete, which means more chances of drops.....

like i said this is only my playing experience, not fact....i know u were probably looking for exact numbers for u too use but unfortunately i cant give and answer to an equation where we dont have the values/variables....which will be different on a per player basis...just test it for yourself and find what %'s give ur specific char/build more or less drops/currency per hr,and use what works for u :P

So you guys think IIQ is not so important if i want to just farm currency in maybe library for 12 hours?

Maybe i should focus more on insane clear speed?

If you get 100% IIQ it would mean you would drop twice as many orbs/items... Regarding clear speed, you would need to have a decent one as well. On the end it's just math if you think about it. Generally some IIQ + decent clear speed is better than fast clear speed and no IIQ

I agree with kosky, I tried different IIQ/IIR builds but so far it hasn't swayed me over a high dps build. With high dps I clear maps really fast and have actually found more uniques this way, but that's just my opinion.

IIQ/R stuff is easy as hell.

Here's what you do if you're playing with leap slam marauder for example:

1) Take care of DPS. Around 10k aoe dps will let you kill most packs in a blink of an eye. 

2) Take care of survivability so you'll never ( 1-2 times in hour is ok) die in chosen farm location ( get 75% elem resists, 3k hp, 3k armor). You probably don't need more.

3) You can get IIQ/IIR Gear without hurting DPS and Surviveability? You will spend less than 10$ on it? You'll spend less than 1-2 hours of your time on it?Do it.

1 IIQ ~ 2.5 IIR

So IIQ should be prioritized.

Edited by kokosoida

Sign in to follow this