Talk to other users and have a great time
Slack Server

Welcome to our Community

Click here to get your Exiled Bot license
Donation Store
Sign in to follow this  
cynicz

new botting rig

Need some input. looking to go as cheap as possible while shooting for 8-10 bots.

Criticism on this build?

Will the 8320 hold 8-10bots stable? I will be using the win7 Lite OS just like I do on all my VMs.

benchmarks for 8320 vs 2600k are 8118 vs 8550 roughly. so its 400 less benchmark score than my 2600k, and i run 7 bots at 92% on it.

will the 8320 be significantly less or what should I expect?

Will the GPU cause problems only being 1gb? I currently use a 2gb GPU but IDK how much I actually use.

only using 800mb ram per bot.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2qxjP

anything i can go cheaper on or is that pretty much the minimal?

also how do i adjust paging and whats the science behind it? like what does it do to increase botting performance? Pronoob said something about that on skype a week back

8-10 VM's on this machine?

no.

i don't want to be rude, but with VMs so many things can go wrong.

When i was botting Diablo 3 i had 11 Bots running. No problems or at least only few problems.

When i started VM’s and PoE i got the best result with only 3 VM’s… you know what i mean?

Although i used almost every guide for tweaking windows/poe etc.

My Laptop got similar stats as your setup above, only i7 cpu instead.

With 4 VMs the fan is at maximum speed and hot air is flowing. 8 VM’s? Never ever…

I wish anyone here who’s running 7 or 8 Bots FLAWLESS (no stupid swagger) (no crashes, no network troubles, no stuttering) would share his complete setup.

Not minimal information like "build your rig, use walters guide, set up 8 VM's with win7 lite, download poe and bot, run"

Because it will NOT work as intended

Will the 8320 hold 8-10bots stable?

yep but depends on your cpu cooling, definitely not with a stock fan cooler, maybe 8 with a hypercool but easily with a cpu water cooler.

also your psu might be too low, i'd recommend something atleast 550w+ (sometihng like this)

Edited by hatshacker

no.

When i was botting Diablo 3 i had 11 Bots running. No problems or at least only few problems.

When i started VM’s and PoE i got the best result with only 3 VM’s… you know what i mean?

With 4 VMs the fan is at maximum speed and hot air is flowing. 8 VM’s? Never ever…

I wish anyone here who’s running 7 or 8 Bots FLAWLESS (no stupid swagger) (no crashes, no network troubles, no stuttering) would share his complete setup.

Not minimal information like "build your rig, use walters guide, set up 8 VM's with win7 lite, download poe and bot, run"

You are so wrong my friend, I have 8320, changed cooler, I can run 6 VM+bots+scripts at 70% load, the only reason why I don't run 8 VM's is because I only have 8 GB DDR3. (this CPU is also overclockable if you need to get some extra juice)

AMD 8 core will get you better multi-tasking performance than I7 and for much better price (since intel does not provide 8 real cores for desktop machines). You could also stretch your budget to get the 8350, it's probably worth the extra 30-40$.

GPU does not matter that much so don't invest too much into it.

My complete setup: (Please note this is a dedicated botting rig, I can use it for other stuff but I choose not to)

120 GB SSD Kingston (a SSD is definetely a must, or multiple HDD's with good speeds)

AMD 8320 CPU Black Edition (Change stock cooler, that's a MUST, I have http://www.deepcoolglobal.com/product/cpucooler/2013-12/7_512.shtml and I rarelyr go over 30 degrees Celsius even on high load)

AMD 7770 HD Sapphire GPU 1GB DDR5 (Cheaper GPU's might work as well)

Gigabyte 970a-ude3 (Mobo must support frequent high transfer rates)

8 GB DDR3 (I need to upgrade this to 12 if I want to use 8 bots+)

660W + Bronze Certified PSU Seasonic (This can be lower)

Edited by ChiefNoob

no.

you are SO very wrong. I run 7 (Could run 8 but only have 7 license) on my 2600k rig. Absolutely 100% flawless. i travel on the road around the us for 1 week at a time and i run 24/7 those whole weeks unless their is an update.

Thanks for input guys.

whats everyones input on running with no case and just straight open air, and pointing a personal little fan directly on the rig to keep it cool? whats a good watercooler also? my 2600k uses a junking coolermaster watercooler i paid 30$ for at microcenter. 

Edited by cynicz

you are SO very wrong. I run 7 (Could run 8 but only have 7 license) on my 2600k rig. Absolutely 100% flawless. i travel on the road around the us for 1 week at a time and i run 24/7 those whole weeks unless their is an update.

Thanks for input guys.

whats everyones input on running with no case and just straight open air, and pointing a personal little fan directly on the rig to keep it cool? whats a good watercooler also? my 2600k uses a junking coolermaster watercooler i paid 30$ for at microcenter. 

Don't get watercooler, I documented myself a little, and a 100$ watercooler will perform as a 20-30$ air cooler, it's not worth it. (Also cheap watercoolers are uber crap from my experience, check my post up^ for the cheap aircooler I use, it works great and it comes with termal paste on it as well)

Don't get watercooler, I documented myself a little, and a 100$ watercooler will perform as a 20-30$ air cooler, it's not worth it. (Also cheap watercoolers are uber crap from my experience, check my post up^ for the cheap aircooler I use, it works great and it comes with termal paste on it as well)

ok should I go open air and save myself the 50$ on the case? also be better airflow with a fan pointed directly on everything.

Cheif you got skype mate?

Edited by cynicz

well. now i get the information i needed...

at least a part of it...

The most important information is that you admit: running multiple VM's is a huge HEAT producer... you never talked about this until i stepped into the discussion...

- amd instead of intel... i always used i7 when i was botting Diablo 3... in fact i cannot switch my cpu again... a i7 cannot be so much behind amd??

- cooling ... my gaming laptop got a decent cooling system, but i guess not enough.  so again... i am limited because i don't want to burn my laptop with 7 or 8 vm's....

So this struggles me:

Laptop

> XMG P722 PRO Gaming Notebook 43,9cm (17.3") . 43,9cm (17.3") Full-HD
> > (1920*1080) Non-Glare . 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 1536MB GDDR5 | TDP:
> > 2x 75W SLI . Intel Core i7-3630QM - 2,40 - 3,40GHz 6MB 45W . 16GB
> > (2x8192) SO-DIMM DDR3 RAM 1600MHz CORSAIR Vengeance . 256GB SATA-III
> > SSD Crucial RealSSD M4 (CT256M4SSD2

Cooling --> Fail :(

PC

I7-3770k - 3.50 GHz

32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance

AMD Radeon HD 7900 

Samsung SSD 830 Series 120 GB but only 20 GB left -.-

big Noctua Cooler

decent MSI board

SSD -> Fail :(

running 3 or 4 bots each is stupid. So much parts of my machines are overkill and help nothing *lol*

So my next step is cleaning up my 120 GB SSD and try to get more bots on one system to save power...

what do you think?

dont hijack :P but you dont need 32gb ram. and amd are better for botting because amd has true 8 cores for multitasking.

a 90$ amd fx 8320 benchmarks at 8118, where my like 300$ intel 2600k benchmarks at 8400...

spend 50$ more (140$) on the amd 8350 and it benchmarks at 9k...